Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin or Wisenhunt?

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Tomlin or Wisenhunt?

After almost 3 seasons was Tomlin the right choice or should they have hired Wisenhunt,I'm starting to think Tomlins success is just a result of him taking over a team Cowher built!

Tomlin is a good coach, but he is over-coaching right now. he just needs to let his guys go play. However, to that point, I do agree that the Secondary should sit down because they suck. One of the best front 6's in football AND BAR NONE, THE WORST secondary in football (troy notwithstanding).

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Tomlin is a good coach, but he is over-coaching right now. he just needs to let his guys go play. However, to that point, I do agree that the Secondary should sit down because they suck. One of the best front 6's in football AND BAR NONE, THE WORST secondary in football (troy notwithstanding).
    I could not disagree more. Tomlin is under coaching. The problems that are showing up are coach related. Players being unprepared, unmotivated and no changes being made.
    He has taken a very hands off year with this veteran team and I think they are paying the price, for his easier TC, easier weekly practices. I have a feeling we are going to see an end to the hands off approach .

As to the OP, I'd still take Tomlin over Whiz. I think Whiz also inherited a very talented team. With out doing a lot of homework, I think the AZ Cards have more of the same players he inherited then Tomlin has here.

--- Added 12/8/2009 at 01:21 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    It's not Tomlin, it's lack of execution on the players part. And no heart.

Execution comes from proper practice and heart comes from motivation, both are the coaches job. I think Tomlin should take some blame for this. I still think he is a good young coach who is still learning.

--- Added 12/8/2009 at 01:25 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he needs to not be afraid to fire arians though, ive been ok with arians for a while but hes hit a wall i gave him a chance to get better like coaches should

I'm not a huge Arians hater. I doubt he goes anytime soon, because of his relationship with Ben,but we have been terrible in the RZ ever since he took over. Tonight they were talking about GBs goal line play design where they motioned the TE out of the back field and could easily see they had a guy on him that couldn't cover. I don't see much of this from BA, I don't think I see much game planning from BA period. I think he writes his offense up and says hey this is what we are going to run this week, irregardless of matchup. That is a problem.
    We're Raven Haters, Ring Takers Shame Makers
    Don't you mess with Steelers D

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I'm not a huge Arians hater. I doubt he goes anytime soon, because of his relationship with Ben,but we have been terrible in the RZ ever since he took over. Tonight they were talking about GBs goal line play design where they motioned the TE out of the back field and could easily see they had a guy on him that couldn't cover. I don't see much of this from BA, I don't think I see much game planning from BA period. I think he writes his offense up and says hey this is what we are going to run this week, irregardless of matchup. That is a problem.
    The pittsburgh news is really soft on arians, they almost ignore him..

heres a byte posted .............. by Brian McIntyre

In case you've been living under a rock the last week, much has been made about Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger not playing last Sunday night against the Baltimore Ravens.

Roethlisberger experienced some post-concussion symptoms following a knee to the head during the Steelers' overtime loss to the Kansas City Chiefs the week before, and in conjunction with the team's medical and coaching staff, the decision was made to sit Roethlisberger. Roethlisberger's teammate, Hines Ward, publicly questioned Roethlisberger's decision to sit, claiming that the locker room was split on the decision. Ward would apologize for his comments, which Roethlisberger said hurt his feelings.

Today, Roethlisberger is playing against the Oakland Raiders, and on a 4th-and-1 play from the Raiders' 4-yard line, Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians called for...a quarterback sneak.

Roethlisberger took the snap, and gingerly proceeded forwarded, coming up a few inches short of the first down.

With so much focus on head injuries, including the NFL instituting a new in-game concussion policy just this week, it was a questionable decision by the Steelers to send Roethlisberger on a QB sneak this soon after his head injury. That the 6-5, 240-pound quarterback appeared unenthusiastic to execute the play, I'm guessing he feels the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by steelers40xl View Post
    After almost 3 seasons was Tomlin the right choice or should they have hired Wisenhunt,I'm starting to think Tomlins success is just a result of him taking over a team Cowher built!
    Are you serious??? Did Whiz win the big one last year? NO!

Please go back and delete this please B4 a lot of people see it!

Tomlin will right this ship and haters will be back on his sack!

I'm just saying it seems like they lack the motivation and toughness from game to game ,And believe me i hope your right !

My Mood
    Fight
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Are you serious??? Did Whiz win the big one last year? NO!

Please go back and delete this please B4 a lot of people see it!

Tomlin will right this ship and haters will be back on his sack!

Thank you, Latrobe, Coach T has a mediocre season and everybody wants to kill him wow what fan base we have here, You people were licking his ball sack a few months ago and now he is a fraud. Maybe you should start cheering for the stains.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

I wasn't big on Whiz getting the job, and was glad when Tomlin got it.

In an ideal world Tomlin would have been an offensive genius, we already have Dick at DC, but you can't have everything.

Mike's won the SB, his energy and enthusiasm inspired us last season.

This season has been tough, but he's been let down, by poor play-calling on both sides of the ball, let down by sub par play by numerous players and key injuries to the defense haven't helped.

Mike and the office need to fire Arians, if he keeps faith with Arians, I really will begin to question his thinking though!

Go Steelers!

Awaiting Seven...
    This is a ridiculous topic. To the guy who started this thread, last year after Tomlin won the Super Bowl, I bet you were the biggest Tomlin supporter in the world. And now that the Steelers are on this four-game slide, you are questioning whether or not he was the right choice... unbelievable.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazedby92 View Post
    Thank you, Latrobe, Coach T has a mediocre season and everybody wants to kill him wow what fan base we have here, You people were licking his ball sack a few months ago and now he is a fraud. Maybe you should start cheering for the stains.
    I couldn't of said it better THANK YOU

Thread Information