Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers in big trouble....

Bookmark and Share
    Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy

Steelers in big trouble....

LINK
    PITTSBURGH — The Steelers were in trouble, and they knew it. The Bengals exposed some weaknesses a month ago, the Chiefs and the Ravens took advantage of them, and now the Oakland Raiders — yes, even the Raiders — felt Pittsburgh could be beaten.

Just when it seemed as if it couldn't get any worse for the Super Bowl champions, it did.

They're losing confidence. The Raiders (4-8), with one of the league's worst offenses in years, sensed that while driving for three touchdowns in the final 8 1/2 minutes of their 27-24 comeback victory over Pittsburgh on Sunday.

Detect a trend? For the second time in four seasons, the Steelers (6-6) followed up a Super Bowl win by losing the following season to Oakland, which has won only 15 games during that span. The Steelers didn't make the playoffs following that 2006 loss, and they're in danger of not making them now.

"I can't even describe how frustrating it is right now to be 6-6," linebacker James Farrior said. "We thought we'd be doing a lot better at this point. But we are what our record says we are."

The Steelers are losing direction, too. Last week was supposed to be Redemption Sunday, as coach Mike Tomlin called it, before they lost at Baltimore 20-17 in overtime. Then Tomlin promised the Steelers would "unleash hell" in December, only to watch them begin the month with one of the franchise's most unexpected losses at home in the last decade.

"It's a tough loss," cornerback Ike Taylor said. "This loss definitely hurts."
    They were two-touchdown favorites over a Raiders team that scored only 10 touchdowns on offense in their first 11 games, yet the Steelers couldn't hold fourth-quarter leads of 10-6, 17-13 and 24-20.

A miracle? Not quite, but it was obvious from their post-game reaction that none of the Steelers expected this. Maybe the Raiders didn't quite believe it was possible, either.

"Our receivers coach (Sanjay Lal) gave us a message, and he brought up the Miracle on Ice, Buster Douglas knocking out (Mike) Tyson, and things that were just unbelievable but the people that did it believed they could," Raiders wide receiver Todd Watkins said.

Another disturbing trend: It was the fifth time in their six losses the Steelers lost a lead in the fourth quarter.

"I don't know that it was a result of any baggage that we brought into the stadium," coach Mike Tomlin said. "I just think we played poorly at a critical time."......
    Could this be a clear indication that this Organization is starting to unravel?

The FO seems to be in disray, Coaches aren't on the same page, stories in the locker room seems to point out the players frustrations also. What's next on the Steelers page of misfortune?

13 could be quoted by most as an unlucky number....could it be an unlucky number for the Steelers when they play the Browns this Thursday for their 13th straight win?

At the rate this team is going, anything could happen......
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Your best defense is a good offence! With this new pass happy O it's creating more 3 and outs, putting the D on the field way too much. You have to be able to keep drives going and we don't!

Here is my #1 problem with Tomlin, he let Ben and his OC get too close, say I'm stupid! Tomlin is swinging from Bens sack and that is the only reason BA still has a job! It's the same crap week in and out, last year was the same!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is what happened to us after we won SB XL. Every team you play is going to give you their best shot, I mean lets face it here, everybody wants to beat the defending super bowl champs and we're clearly not up to the challenge. Tomlin doesn't have this team ready, he's not stepping in and making enough tough decisions, the offense is a disaster, the defense can't stop anyone, and the ST couldn't cover my grandma. This team is a complete train wreck right now, I don't care how much talent they have.

If Ben had any sense he'd see that what's going on is not right, but since BA lets him do whatever he wants most of the time, of course he's going to stand up for him. Tomlin can talk the talk, but so far this year he's proven he can't walk the walk. If **** doesn't change after this year, and I mean in a big way, we're going to have more of the same in 2010.

No the font office isnt unraveling. Little bit of an overreaction.

My Mood
    Addicted
    YO CALM down Steeler Nation we can't win every year,we will be alright this just isn't our year, an it's our fault, i would be more concern if teams were blowing us out week in an week out, but the problems we have are fixable if that's a word we have to do BETTER DRAFTING this year an plug in a few capable FA an we will be right back on track IMO,.....the only thing i don't like is that we have to deal with these so called intelligent TROLLS that will be coming on here trying to tell us what's wrong with us untill next sept

Quote Originally Posted by SIXBURGH View Post
    YO CALM down Steeler Nation we can't win every year,we will be alright this just isn't our year, an it's our fault, i would be more concern if teams were blowing us out week in an week out, but the problems we have are fixable if that's a word we have to do BETTER DRAFTING this year an plug in a few capable FA an we will be right back on track IMO,.....the only thing i don't like is that we have to deal with these so called intelligent TROLLS that will be coming on here trying to tell us what's wrong with us untill next sept
    Yeah Six I can't stand the trolls coming in here. This is supposed to be a fan site. Someone in that locker room needs to unleash hell on this team and get them fired up for a win. I don't see any spark among these players on the sidelines during games like we had last year. No real group motivation this year!

Draft Pick
    Unleash smell cause they stink right now.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXBURGH View Post
    First of all there are no trolls on here so chill on that crap! He's talking intelligent football so let the guy alone. That being said I have every right to be pissed about the way the Steelers are playing....no we can't win every game but I"m the first to accept a loss if we play out hearts out and lose i.e. the Ravens game. Alot of heart there and Dixon played great, great team effort. Bengals, Chiefs, Raiders....unacceptable losses!!! I want to see us play Steeler football THEN if we lose at least I know they gave it their all!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Big trouble? Our team went to 7 Super Bowls and won 6 of them. There was a time (40 years I believe) when the Steelers won damn near nothing and in case anyone has forgotten, it took 25 years to get to SB win #5 from #4. What is there to complain about? We could be saddled with a real loser of a team i.e. cleveland, cincinnati, or baltimore. No need to get really bummed out. This team will correct itself. Put that steeler gear back on and cheer for these hapless sons a bitches anyhow. For 2009 it is what it is. LOL

And their fans.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    The bottom line is as bad as this team has played the last 3-4 weeks they still have a opportunity to get into the playoffs which at this point I would be thrilled with if it somehow did happen...

Thread Information