Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowher set to make $8-10 Mil Per Year?

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar

Cowher set to make $8-10 Mil Per Year?

Holy hell, do you think Snyder would be F'ed up enough to pay Cowher this type of JACK? .... I don't put much stock into PFT, but let's be honest ... Snyder was been known to make pie in the sky deals like this in the past. Cowher would be a fool to turn this kind of gravy down knowing he's at a point in his career where he wants to pad his pocketbook a little before retirement. There's no way Rooney even comes close to this .... or wants to.

Porter says Cowher will coach the Steelers next season
    By Mike Bires - Times Sports Staff

PITTSBURGH - Linebacker Joey Porter said Wednesday that he expects Bill Cowher to be back coaching the Steelers next year and beyond.

Porter was asked about Cowher's status because of the uncertainly of Cowher's future. There have been rumors running rampant about where Cowher may end up if he decides to leave the Steelers after this season or next.

Cowher's current contract runs through the 2007 season. But even Cowher himself admitted before the '06 season started that he's "taking it year to year."

"I can't see him doing anything differently," Porter said. "If he's coaching football, it has to be here."

The latest Cowher rumor making the rounds comes courtesy of an Internet web site - Pro Football Talk - that speculates Cowher could wind up coaching the Washington Redskins as early as next year. That rumor suggests that Redskins owner Daniel Snyder would be willing to pay Cowher between $8-10 million a year. Cowher reportedly makes close to $4 million per year with the Steelers.

Last week, there were rumors circulating in Cleveland that Browns owner Randolph Lerner might try to woo Cowher into coaching his team. And because Cowher purchased a $2.5 million luxury home in Raleigh, N.C., earlier this year, there's speculation that he might coach at North Carolina State University, his alma mater.

Negotiations between Cowher's agent and the Steelers regarding a contract extension broke off this summer, prompting team president Art Rooney II to announce that further talks would wait until after this season.

House of Steel
    You've got to be kidding me to bring something of this calibur up. This would make my heart sink.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    That rumor has been out there for months. While PFT does usual post trash. Keep in mind Synder does have a habit of overpaying for coaches and players.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    PFT is the most worthless bunch of **** Ive ever seen. If Cowher does anything next it's either going to be coaching this team or retiring. Hey won't go anywhere else...you bank on that !

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    We should be worrying more about winning sunday's game then 2007.

House of Steel
    AMEN!!! I hate gossip sites on football.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

I just can't stand PFT, they're "sources" that come up with this stuff is ridiculous !

House of Steel
    Just like the fact of the rumor about the Steelers going after Randy Moss and Jerry Porter. I say PFT.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Exactly !! Anyone that can write such a ludicrous article as that has zero credibility in my book !

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i don't care how much he gets paid just as long as he isn't sporting steelers gear, he is the true reason this team sucks......his conservative play calling has never won a damn thing, then he finally lets ken take over and we win it all, then he takes over again and we suck ***, his heart isn't in football anymore though so he'll retire and not go to the redskins or any other team for at least a year or 2
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information