Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers' Gay has apparent concussion

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    William Gay is a solid nickel corner but he isn't a starter....He has proved that this year......He played well last year when McFadden was hurt but in my opinion he is nothing more then a 3rd/nickel corner......Which there is nothing wrong with that....The Steelers better look to address the corner position once again in this upcoming draft....Burnett/Lewis are still unproven and havn't shown to much yet.....

You can say that again, his lack of abilities is apparent now more than ever. He is the main target now for opposing offenses and he's clearly not up to the job. Let him be a nickel back, put Townsend in the rest of the year and get a top flight CB in the draft; it's as simple as that.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Whats the injury status of Keenan Lewis. I thought the kid had potential. As for the rest of the season Burnett should get some playing time, he seem to be around the ball a lot. Yes I know he dropped an Int that may have ended the game, but Mendenhall USED to be a fumbler. Game experience can only be obtained one way.
    Last edited by jpele; 12-06-2009 at 07:18 PM.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    You can say that again, his lack of abilities is apparent now more than ever. He is the main target now for opposing offenses and he's clearly not up to the job. Let him be a nickel back, put Townsend in the rest of the year and get a top flight CB in the draft; it's as simple as that.
    LETS GO STEELERS!!!

I'll admit, I was wrong. He hasnt been playing well at all. Maybe he does need benched. I dont know who you place in there.. an old veteran in Deshea or a fresh rookie in Burnett. Id like to see what Burnett can do for the whole game though because at this point, I dont think it would hurt. Sure Gay hasnt played well but come on, dont cheer that he got hurt so he cant play. Thats pretty low. I hope hes alright.

Rookie, let him finish out the year!

Gold Standard
    Perhaps watching game film will extend Gay's concussion induced headaches.......we hope! The dude couldn't even stay on his feet in this game. Looked like he was the only one on the field playing on ice. Give Burnett a shot, he can't do any worse!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    A gay bashing in Pittsburg! Keep his *** on the sidelines!!

How many times did he fall and break coverage wide open??
    Easy answer:
    fell 3 times... 3 completions for 1st downs!! It is callad change your cleats!

William Gay is a solid nickel corner but he isn't a starter....He has proved that this year......He played well last year when McFadden was hurt but in my opinion he is nothing more then a 3rd/nickel corner......Which there is nothing wrong with that....The Steelers better look to address the corner position once again in this upcoming draft....Burnett/Lewis are still unproven and havn't shown to much yet.....

I hope Burnett or Lewis will be good enough to start next year or move up in the draft to get a good CB!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

Gay slipsies were caused by him being tied in nots by the receivers!

He is useless, just hope Lewis can see some playing time, not a great tackler I don't think, but his coverage can't be worse than Gays, . . can it?

Quote Originally Posted by UKSTEELER View Post
    Gay slipsies were caused by him being tied in nots by the receivers!

He is useless, just hope Lewis can see some playing time, not a great tackler I don't think, but his coverage can't be worse than Gays, . . can it?
    Lewis is a pretty darn good tackler, at least he was in college. He is honestly not much of a corner tho (imo), but more of a safety kind of player. Burnett looked promising as far as coverage go yesterday, but that missed interception was aweful, which is odd because he was praised as a guy with great ball skills.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information