Thread: Rescuers told Roethlisberger he was close to dying

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Rescuers told Roethlisberger he was close to dying

That has to be a little scary for him. Hopefully he learned a tough lesson with this and can move on.

BRISTOL, Conn. -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said Wednesday night that he was told he was "seconds, maybe a minute away from dying" immediately after his motorcycle accident last month.
    Roethlisberger, in his first interview since the June 12 accident, told ESPN's "SportsCenter" that he doesn't remember much about the accident when he rammed his motorcycle into a car that was making a left turn in front of him on a Pittsburgh street. He did, however, remember what he was told by people at the scene.
    "They told me that I was literally seconds, maybe a minute away from dying because I slit a vein or artery in my mouth or my throat and it was draining blood right into my stomach and luckily the paramedic noticed it and stopped it or else I would have had too much blood in my stomach," he told ESPN's Jim Rome in Los Angeles, where he was for the taping of the ESPYS.
    "I remember very few things about the accident," Roethlisberger said. "I remember one car turning in front of me, I don't remember the car that hit me, but I remember that first car turning in front of me and the next thing I remember is being in the ambulance and asking, 'Is this really happening?'
    "I said, 'Tell me this is just a bad dream,' and he said, 'No, everything is going to be OK,' and he asked me, 'Is there anyone you want me to call?' ... I just gave him two numbers and I don't remember anything until I woke up from surgery."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2517756

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    Thats more scary than anyone ever reported. The good news is that Ben said this:

"I'm not going to slide instead of dive. I'm not going to step out of bounds, instead of trying to get that extra yard. I have every intention of getting out there and playing to the fullest of my ability and still being that free spirit that makes me who I am."
    -- Ben Roethlisberger
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

that would have been a sad day in steeler town

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i don't know what the point was of bringing a 2 year old thread up out of nowhere, but it does remind why ben is such a stupid player, i keep forgetting his head smacked into a windshield............
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information