Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Steelers believe it or not still have a slight chance to win this division...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    jaguars-hater

The Steelers believe it or not still have a slight chance to win this division...

While the Steelers should just be focused now on getting a Wildcard spot and just making the playoffs there is still a slight and I use that term very very loosely a SLIGHT chance that they can still have somewhat of a chance to win the AFC North and overtake the Bengals. This is how they would have to do it assuming of course the Bengals beat Detroit this week which they probably will I do see them dropping their next 2 games on the road in Minnesota and San Diego on back to back weeks. That would then put the Bengals at 9-5. In contrast, if the Steelers win the next 3 games against Oakland,at Cleveland,and at home against Green Bay on December 20th which I think is very very possible the Steelers would also be 9-5. At that point it would then come down to those last 2 games for both teams which of course the Steelers play the Ravens at Heinz Field and finish off down in Miami, while the Bengals play games at home to Kansas City and finish off with a game at New York against the Jets in a stadium which they have never won at and where it will be the final game at the Meadowlands I do believe since both the Giants and Jets are getting a new stadium next year. At that point you would have to hope the Steelers beat both the Ravens and Miami and finish at 11-5 and the Bengals drop either the Chiefs game or the game at the Jets which is the more likely one they would drop and finish at 10-6 and win the division outright due to a better overall record.

So while the Steelers like I said to start this thread need to just focus at this point on getting in the playoffs the opportunity still exists for the Steelers to win this division if they win out because I do see the Bengals losing both of those games in Minnesota and San Diego. The Steelers have to do their part and win these next 3 games with the Raiders,Browns and Packers and they just might still have a chance going into the final 2 weeks of the season it's not completely impossible to think this wont happen...

Rookie Free Agent Richmond Rukus's Avatar
    I have a slight chance to win the lottery tonight, and in both cases, I just don't see it happening. We dug ourselves to deep to take the division, although a wild card is well within reach.

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    Ill say right now and I might get called a homer or toasted for saying this but I do believe the Steelers and the Bengals will be tied with identical records at 9-5 after their games on December 20th with the Packers and the Bengals game with the Chargers that same day. At that point it would then come down to those final 2 games like I mentioned in my post above. If the Steelers do their part and take care of the pathetic Raiders and Browns, and then a overrated Green Bay team here at Heinz Field things can at least set them up for a chance to win this division going into the final 2 weeks. People can rip me and say whatever they want like they did a few weeks ago when I posted something similar on here but until the Bengals have clinched this division officially I am not going to give up and say the Steelers dont have at least a chance to still come back and win the AFC North. The scenario I gave above has a very good chance of happening I believe to at least give the Steelers a shot heading into the final 2 weeks of the season...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There's no if's, and's or, but's about it..we need to be 9-5 come Dec 20 because we need to win out, period. Any more losses and our already deep hole will more than likely be our coffin for 2009.

The fact that the Bengals lost to the Raiders, and only beat the browns 17-6 tells you that they are not all that with it and still learning how to win important games. The Bengals will get cocky like they did vs the Raiders and the Browns and they will lose atleast 2 games the rest of the way out so if we win then we'll see what happens.

Beyond that, who the hell knows..LOL.. Any normal behavior that we've seen this team exhibit in the past has completely gone out the window.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 12-01-2009 at 04:15 PM.

Bottom line, Steelers have to win out to have a shot at the division. Remember, Cincy still has to go to SanDiego and Minnesota real soon, so I predict 2 losses there.

As I said last night, it's a 2 horse Race, Baltimore and the Steelers and it's 0-0 right now. Whoever has the best 5 game record gets in ( and the Steelers must beat Baltimore in PITT).

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Bottom line, Steelers have to win out to have a shot at the division. Remember, Cincy still has to go to SanDiego and Minnesota real soon, so I predict 2 losses there.

As I said last night, it's a 2 horse Race, Baltimore and the Steelers and it's 0-0 right now. Whoever has the best 5 game record gets in ( and the Steelers must beat Baltimore in PITT).
    doesnt matter if we win the division or not.

we will still be a 3rd to 6th seed. And play each other.

the AFC north has a good chance of having three teams in the playoffs.

and if we unleash hell in december... who knows what could happen..

My Mood
    Buzzed
    I just want to see the Bengals again. Those fans are the worst, they got the brain of a ****ing fruit fly and lets face it, are not used to winning. This is why they burn terrible towels and ray lewis jerseys after regular season victory's. I'd love to shut them up and put the Bungals out of there misery at the same time in the playoffs either winning the division or sneaking in with the 6th seed.
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 12-01-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Rookie Free Agent Richmond Rukus's Avatar
    I won't say it is impossible, or call you a homer. It's good to believe in the team. I'm just having a hard time of it after watching our recent performances. Personally, I just feel like we've dug ourselves a hole that will be nearly impossible to climb out of as far as the division is concerned. I'm just worried about the Raiders right now, cause if we somehow drop that game, the season is as good as over. If we end up tied after the next few weeks, I'll be very excited and look at a possible division crown at that time.

Won't happen! Sorry!

My Mood
    Fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmond Rukus View Post
    I won't say it is impossible, or call you a homer. It's good to believe in the team. I'm just having a hard time of it after watching our recent performances. Personally, I just feel like we've dug ourselves a hole that will be nearly impossible to climb out of as far as the division is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Won't happen! Sorry!
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Thread Information