Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain the secondary to me?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Can someone explain the secondary to me?

I mean for love of God where are these guys coming from? Ike blows coverage several times tonight, Carter missed 2 opportunities for late game INT's, Townsend blew coverage on their last drive, and my God we won't even talk about Gay?! Wonder of all wonders Ty Carter had the best day because he didn't make any major screw ups that I saw.

What really drove me nuts was seeing Ike do some stupid dance after making a tackle when the play before he got burnt for 20 some yards!!!

My Mood
    Horny
    that touchdown that mason had should have been a pic!!! all ike had to do is turn the **** around!!!!!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    i got this...

Taylor does his best impression of a shut down corner... and then misses a sure fire INT.

Gay lines up 12 yards off the WR every play (even if its 3 n 2) and gives up at least half dozen catches a game and cant open field tackle anyone. Might make one decent play all game in which most of this board will dwell on by defending how terrible this guy really is.

Carter would rather hit someone and talk about it then knock a ball away.

Clark is a step slow and usually misses a poorly underthrown INT. Although he will get at least 2-3 "good sticks" in a game. Spends most of his time trying to cover for Carters "short comings".

Townsend has the heart and the head still, just not the tools anymore. Wishes he could punk Gay back to the bench.

Mundy is one of those "has potential" kids who hasn't showed much including on special teams.

Burrnett... see above remark.

I forgot Troy... He is in the Training Room... grade incomplete.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted
    When Troy is out we sure do look pitiful i say scrap the rest of the season an play for an high draft pick, i would like to see Dennis the rest of the way anyways.....imo

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I mean for love of God where are these guys coming from? Ike blows coverage several times tonight, Carter missed 2 opportunities for late game INT's, Townsend blew coverage on their last drive, and my God we won't even talk about Gay?! Wonder of all wonders Ty Carter had the best day because he didn't make any major screw ups that I saw.

What really drove me nuts was seeing Ike do some stupid dance after making a tackle when the play before he got burnt for 20 some yards!!!
    ME TOO, the guy looked like a retard after that. I was thinking to myself what a ***!

PM IF YOU WOULD LIKE A NEW SIG! I WILL TRY TO HELP AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE! | STEELERS FAN SINCE 1990!

I can sum it up in one word: SUCKS!

My Mood
    Bungals
    William Gay couldn't cover anyone with a brown bag, and can't tackle worth a ****; Ryan Clark can't catch and is too many times looking for a knock-out hit when he could be intercepting the ball; and Ike Taylor is still showing his inconsistency from year-to-year; Deashea should move to safety for Polamalu and Carter should be the Middle Linebacker on third and longs because he can cover, James Farrior can't!

I don't care what you say...on their worst day, any Steeler DB is better than Frank Walker or Dominque Foxworth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    i got this...

Taylor does his best impression of a shut down corner... and then misses a sure fire INT.

Gay lines up 12 yards off the WR every play (even if its 3 n 2) and gives up at least half dozen catches a game and cant open field tackle anyone. Might make one decent play all game in which most of this board will dwell on by defending how terrible this guy really is.

Carter would rather hit someone and talk about it then knock a ball away.

Clark is a step slow and usually misses a poorly underthrown INT. Although he will get at least 2-3 "good sticks" in a game. Spends most of his time trying to cover for Carters "short comings".

Townsend has the heart and the head still, just not the tools anymore. Wishes he could punk Gay back to the bench.

Mundy is one of those "has potential" kids who hasn't showed much including on special teams.

Burrnett... see above remark.

I forgot Troy... He is in the Training Room... grade incomplete.
    This is pretty spot on.

Rookie Free Agent

Secondary

The rookie D Lineman for the Ravens catches better than everyone but Troy on our secondary!!! Gay should have gotten benched last night. How can anyone play secondary and not want to intercept a pass? Turn your head around. Clark should have easily picked off the bomb. Troy would have made that look so easy. Carter wants the big hit and usually isn't looking for the ball. Townsend had his hands on one int. and dropped it. Ike gets outjumped by the shortest guy on the field in the endzone.
    If we catch the ball in the secondary we win all of the last three games.
    Post graded them a D- for last nights game.

Thread Information