Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Cowher leaves door open for Buffalo Bills coaching job

Bookmark and Share
    Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy

Bill Cowher leaves door open for Buffalo Bills coaching job

Buffalo Bills owner Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr. is going against his own tradition, it seems. A guy who has always not paid a lot of dough for coaching appears to be going high-end this time around. Wilson is supposedly ready to fork over $10 million a season for the right coach, according to the Buffalo News.
    Former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher was apparently contacted by the Bills to see if he had any interest in taking over the team.
    He reportedly told the team that he's didn't want to interview for the gig "at this time."
    Cowher is supposedly happy to wait till season's end to see what other jobs come available. It's not likely that the Bills will wait till the end of the season to hire a new coach. The team supposedly wants someone to be signed on before then. The team is supposedly meeting with former Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks coach Mike Shanahan sometime in the next seven days LINK
    Maybe he should go to Cleveland. He wouldn't have to teach them how NOT TO LOSE...
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

No he shouldnt go to Cleveland. I dont want to root against Cowher. If he went to the Bills I would have no problem with that.

I think he is waiting to see what happens in Carolina after this season. Cowher would be a great fit if Jerry Richardson would grow some stones and fire John Fox and Jake "i cant take pressure" Delhomme.

My Mood
    Cool
    Yeah, I definitely don't want to see him go to any AFC North team at this point. Not even the Steelers to be honest. If he DOES indeed decide to return I'd much rather he stay out of the division.

My Mood
    Fight
    I think he is waiting for fox to get fired, that's where he lives now and it would be ideal for him.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    No he shouldnt go to Cleveland. I dont want to root against Cowher. If he went to the Bills I would have no problem with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenal TJ View Post
    Yeah, I definitely don't want to see him go to any AFC North team at this point. Not even the Steelers to be honest. If he DOES indeed decide to return I'd much rather he stay out of the division.
    with both of you

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

I really don't care where he get's a job. In fact I'd like him to be in the division so we could whoop him 2 times a year instead of once every 3 or 4 years. I don't expect him to be as succesful his second time around for several reasons. He's way over rated and will get $10 million a year+. This will make his head even bigger than it already is giving him a a false sense of being a great coach. He's also much older and I don't see him putting in the extra hours that are necessary to be great. He will also demand control of personnel and he simply isn't good at that. ie Kordell Stewart. It takes more than a good coach to have a great team..it takes a great organization and chances are he'll go after the $$ instead.

He's a good coach and better than many that are out there now but he's not great. Good for him to be able to cash in.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Fight
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    I really don't care where he get's a job. In fact I'd like him to be in the division so we could whoop him 2 times a year instead of once every 3 or 4 years. I don't expect him to be as succesful his second time around for several reasons. He's way over rated and will get $10 million a year+. This will make his head even bigger than it already is giving him a a false sense of being a great coach. He's also much older and I don't see him putting in the extra hours that are necessary to be great. He will also demand control of personnel and he simply isn't good at that. ie Kordell Stewart. It takes more than a good coach to have a great team..it takes a great organization and chances are he'll go after the $$ instead.

He's a good coach and better than many that are out there now but he's not great. Good for him to be able to cash in.

Don't hold anything back there Larry, Tell us how you really feel.
    He isn't a great coach but there are other organizations that are good at picking personnel and plus he knows how to pick good coaches around him to help him be good. He will be successful just about anywhere. He may not bring a Lombardi to the table again but he knows how to win games.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    I really don't care where he goes either. Whoever he coaches will be a carbon copy of what he did for the Steelers, minus the SB win. Mutiple Division crowns with regular season dominiance, mutiple Championship home game losses.

So who may be looking for a coaching change come this off season?

Bills
    Titans maybe?
    Raiders more than likely.
    Redskins more than likely.
    Bears maybe?
    Panthers maybe?
    Texans maybe?

Out of those, who would be willing to pay the big bucks and which has fewer needs for his dominate style of defense?

Bill can be picky, teams will beg for his services, then quickly find he's a 2nd time bust and kick his *** back to TV!!

Thread Information