Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger may sit out Sunday...**11/28 Update**Dixon to start vs Ravens

Bookmark and Share

Roethlisberger may sit out Sunday...**11/28 Update**Dixon to start vs Ravens

Roethlisberger may sit out Sunday
    Posted by Michael David Smith on November 27, 2009 6:19 PM ET

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger might not play on Sunday after all.

Although Roethlisberger practiced Friday and reportedly passed all the necessary medical tests, he is now reportedly considering taking a week off because of concerns related to the concussion he suffered last week in Kansas City.

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network cites an unnamed league source as saying that Roethlisberger told Steelers coach Mike Tomlin today that he might sit out Sunday's game against the Ravens as a precaution.

According to La Canfora, Roethlisberger told Tomlin he fears getting hit in the head again just a week after suffering a concussion. Roethlisberger plans to tell the team on Saturday morning whether he thinks he's ready to go.

If Roethlisberger sits out, the Steelers will have a major question mark at quarterback. With backup Charlie Batch out with a wrist injury, Dennis Dixon would start in place of Roethlisberger. Dixon has played in only one NFL game and thrown just one pass.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...it-out-sunday/

This is not good....

Check out the comment by "CharmCityRavens" (the 8th comment)....This dude is a tool. Syringeburg? wow....that may be the worst one I've heard.

Rookie Free Agent
    This is the same guy who reported Casey Hampton was going to be cut. NFL Network should've kept Shefter instead, who knows his stuff. This new guy LaCanfora doesn't know crap. Ben's been working with the first team in practice and said he's ready to go. I think this new guy doesn't like the Steelers, trying to stir stuff up all the time.

My Mood
    Cool
    There's no doubt in my mind that he will play.

For starters, how often has Ben Roethlisberger said that he wouldn't/couldn't/shouldn't play?

My Mood
    Sunshine
    La Canfora and his unnamed sources, my money says Ben plays.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ben isn't playing people....Just saw it on ESPN News.....I'm sure there will be link soon on ESPN.......

WTF this is getting crazy...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1...hlisberger-won

fox sports are reporting that Ben isn't going to play now...just have to wait and see I guess.

Roethlisberger Officially Out Sunday vs. Ravens

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-concussion/

Glazer: Roethlisberger out with concussion
    Posted by Mike Florio on November 28, 2009 10:49 AM ET

Despite several days of optimism regarding the availability of Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for Sunday night's game against the Ravens, Roethlisberger will not play, according to Jay Glazer of FOX, via Twitter.

Glazer reports that Roethlisberger has been suffering from exercise-induced headaches. Thus, the team has decided to shut him down.

Starting for the Steelers will be Dennis Dixon, a fifth-round pick in 2008 who slid down the draft board after suffering a torn ACL during the 2007 college football season. (He actually played with the injury for one game before getting surgery to repair it.)

Dixon steps in because veteran Charlie Batch suffered a wrist injury during the handful of snaps he took in overtime on Sunday against the Chiefs, after Roethlisberger took a knee to the head.

Doubts regarding Roethlisberger's availability for Sunday first emerged on Friday, when Jason La Canfora of NFLN reported that Roethlisberger might miss the game.
    Permalink 0 Comments RSS feed for comments Latest stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Injuries, Latest News and Rumors, NFL Mobile Exclusives - Injuries, Pittsburgh Steelers,

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    So the media reports that the Steelers are sitting Ben, but the initial report was that Ben was going to take himself out. Either way we are in a heap of serious trouble this week, I don't care how much potential Dixon has, if anybody here thinks he's got a prayer against an aggressive defense then please pass me the good stuff you're smokin'!

The ratbirds may not be the same defense they were in the past, between getting older and losing players they are clearly not as good however they are still one of the better ones in the league at any given moment. Our only hope is that since they don't any film on Dixon other than preseason and college, that might work to our advantage alittle.

This is not good but maybe this one game is what we need for Bruce Arians to realize that Mendenhall needs to be the center of the offense. He won't come out and make Dennis throw the ball 40 times and Mendenhall should have a huge increase in his workload Sunday night.

I know tomlin said they would game plan differently with Dennis but if Bruce does what he does best, we are completely ****ed.
    Last edited by Big T; 11-28-2009 at 01:28 PM.

Awaiting Seven...
    Our season is officially over now.

Thread Information