Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody on here wishing the Steelers had resigned Bryant McFadden??

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Anybody on here wishing the Steelers had resigned Bryant McFadden??

After the way William Gay has gotten beat time and time again this season and has been out of position,and has missed tackles and missed assignments and everything else that he does wrong. Ive watched McFadden on Arizona the last 3-4 games and Ill tell you something right now if the Steelers had him in their secondary starting opposite of Ike Taylor the Steelers would be a much better football team right now on defense. One thing about McFadden is he is sure tackler,he doesnt miss assignments,he is rarely out of position and is very good at knocking balls down in key situations. All of these things I mentioned are things that William Gay has been pretty much terrible at all season long. It's not like it would have cost a lot to keep McFadden. I dont know what the exact numbers are he got in Arizona but it was something no more then close to 5 million a year which I believed the Steelers could have afforded to match and bring McFadden back. William Gay was absolutely pathetic yesterday especially on the TD to Pope in the 3rd quarter which got the Chiefs right back in the game. Maybe Mr Gay should start focusing more on his play then his dancing and hot dogging ability on the sideline like you see him do time and time again.

Keep in mind if Bryant McFadden doesnt knock that ball down against Reggie Wayne in the end zone on 2nd down before the Vanderjact miss in the playoff game in 2005 there is no One For the Thumb that season. I just think a lot of people are really overlooking the loss of Bryant McFadden to this defense. Gay's play in comparison to McFadden's play is a tremendous drop off in my opinion and it's costing the Steelers big time in the secondary with big plays more and more...The Steelers should have brought BMac back he would have been affordable had they made more of an effort...

No only person I'm wishing we signed was Cam Cameron when he was canned in Miami.

For that price, no way in hell. McFadden is playing pretty poor in Arizona this year, so nope. Gay is doing a decent job. He had a bad game against Kansas, but over all, he havnt been that bad honestly. He played lights out against bengals last week, as on of the few
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    I'm
    Either way, I'm just wondering who talked Tomlin into making that move and does he now regret it?
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Good player,too much money. I'll pass.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    For that price, no way in hell. McFadden is playing pretty poor in Arizona this year, so nope. Gay is doing a decent job. He had a bad game against Kansas, but over all, he havnt been that bad honestly. He played lights out against bengals last week, as on of the few
    His 1st half against Doncos was abysmal.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Gay's play is still too inconsistent for my liking. It just seemed like McFadden always played well when he did play and never had up and down games like Gay is having so far this season. Gay needs to start playing better in coverage and cannot continue to have mental breakdowns like he did numerous times yesterday in Kansas City...

While i agree that he is way to inconsistant i think the kid has plenty of potential. I think we are stuck with him for some time non-the-less because i have a feeling that the coaches really want either Burnett or keenan lewis to pan out well - they seem really high on both. Too bad we havnt seen either much. Especially Lewis because of all those injuries.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

mcfadden has been awful, at least DRC on the other side of him is either spectacular or terrible....mcfadden has been an AZ bust.

and that is NOT a legit excuse for anything that has happened this seaon

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    mcfadden has been awful, at least DRC on the other side of him is either spectacular or terrible....mcfadden has been an AZ bust.

and that is NOT a legit excuse for anything that has happened this seaon
    Im not saying it's an excuse for anything all Im saying is McFadden is a better corner then William Gay and a lot of these big plays Gay has been giving up time and time again probably wouldnt have been happening if McFadden was still on the team. Maybe McFadden is another one of those guys that was a product of Dick Lebeau's system and it made him look better then he really is who knows. All I know is William Gay stinks and cant tackle and cant cover...

Thread Information