Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Last SB Championship for a loooooong time

Bookmark and Share
    Banned

Last SB Championship for a loooooong time

I'm so happy we won last year, I really am. Because I know that us winning last year was the culmination of a near perfect defense and Roethlisberger making the clutch play nearly every single time he was called upon to do so. Only problem is that it won't happen again for a loooooong time.

I'm sure the Bruce Arian's Kool-Aid started tasting great for some but those of us who watched with an objective eye knew that this offense absolutely sucked last year and not a single issue was addressed in the offseason except for the acquistion of Mike Wallace, which really doesn't fix anything, but is just more of a bonus.

The offfensive line was dispicable last year and nothing was done. Tomlin continues to use Parker and remains clueless offensively. Bruce Arians has run this offense as if he's auditioning for a head coaching job by stat patting the **** out of the offensive pass numbers, getting him on ESPN more often, all at the cost of a balanced offensive attack. And as we've witnessed his chickens have finally come home to roost.

If we hadn't won it all last season, I wonder if Arians would even be here this season. And I wonder how many seasons of sloppy football Tomlin and Arians have bought with that Championship win. All I know is that it's a damn good thing I got to see them win again last year cause I have a feeling they won't be winning it again for a loooooong time.

Rookie Free Agent OC Steel Curtain's Avatar
    We ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL know Steelers never go out like punks. We will see what happens.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Pittsburgh Pennsylvania will be short on tolerance of this disgusting display of incompetence. Hey, isn't the Boss overseas kissing foreign butts. In other words, who is running the ship here? problems, problems, problems that know one seems to be addressing. no sir. have to agree. not this year.

And their fans.

Not this year and not next year if they do not FIX THE O LINE! I AM SORRY! I would butcher all of them and get some REAL players out there.

PM IF YOU WOULD LIKE A NEW SIG! I WILL TRY TO HELP AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE! | STEELERS FAN SINCE 1990!

You might be over exaggerating just a little bit.

Rookie Free Agent OC Steel Curtain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by V_83 View Post
    yea i think a tad bit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by V_83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Steel Curtain View Post
    yea i think a tad bit
    2008-17th in passing
    2008-23rd in rushing
    2008-20th overall

2009-8th in passing
    2009-17th in rushing
    2009-15th overall

My appologies, we have improved since last year.

Regardless, the stars were aligned for us to have won with that offensive play-calling, scheme, and line. The defense was ridiculously good, Roethlisberger was ridiculously clutch, and the Ward, Holmes, and Miller were great as always. But unless the stars align again, there's no way we're winning with this offenseive line and offensive coordinator ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    2008-17th in passing
    2008-23rd in rushing
    2008-20th overall

2009-8th in passing
    2009-17th in rushing
    2009-15th overall

My appologies, we have improved since last year.

Regardless, the stars were aligned for us to have won with that offensive play-calling, scheme, and line. The defense was ridiculously good, Roethlisberger was ridiculously clutch, and the Ward, Holmes, and Miller were great as always. But unless the stars align again, there's no way we're winning with this offenseive line and offensive coordinator ever again.
    Just because we don't look like a superbowl contender right now does not mean that we won't next year, or the year after that, or the year after that, etc...

Who knows, maybe Tomlin starts making some decisions and acting on them and come playoff time we start playing like we actually know what were doing and how to do it.

Of course if we continue to play like we did today, then all we can look forward to is the draft. We're definitely better than that, we just need to get our act together and on the same page.

My Mood
    Love
    The season is not over yet. Let's see what happens in the next 3-4 games.

Banned
    A looooooooooong long time

Thread Information