Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batch out, Dixon In.

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent OC Steel Curtain's Avatar

Batch out, Dixon In.

Never have I seen a Quarterback throw such soft passes in the Crunch. He couldnt even make a routine throw to the Check Down. Wow... I was over batch around the whole coin flip thing on thanksgiving. Im in shock on how horrible thats last effort was.

Nah man he's a loveable guy from Pittsburgh. Tomlin will never get rid of him!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Coming in with the game on the line, in such a hostile atmosphere, and asking a QB to step in while your Starter has had to make epic plays just to stay in the game all day isn't the easies thing in the world to do. Dixon wouldn't have faired any better, it's just a matter of Ben doing down and asking a backup to do a lot in crunch time. I know that's what he gets paid to do but still, the dude hasn't played all year, you can't crucify him for not finishing the game when the entire team failed having put in that position in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Coming in with the game on the line, in such a hostile atmosphere, and asking a QB to step in while your Starter has had to make epic plays just to stay in the game all day isn't the easies thing in the world to do. Dixon wouldn't have faired any better, it's just a matter of Ben doing down and asking a backup to do a lot in crunch time. I know that's what he gets paid to do but still, the dude hasn't played all year, you can't crucify him for not finishing the game when the entire team failed having put in that position in the first place.
    Dude.... Arians gave Batch plays with no backfield.....

hes the backup.... arians is a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    Nah man he's a loveable guy from Pittsburgh. Tomlin will never get rid of him!!!
    LOL Charlie's the Back Up, every back up QB in the NFL is the Home Town Favorite.. until they go in. Its Charlie's job as a Back Up to step in and Fill the started roll. Last year Leftwich won some games for us at the end of the game when he stepped in.. Shouldnt blame it on the hostile atmosphere. He has a job and hasnt done it for a 2 seasons, when is he going to be ready? Playoffs? injury has been a problem for him, but If we put Dixon in today we get the same outcome. Thats experience points for Dixon.. and those are always good for young players lol

I agree that was ****** playcalling at the end. If your going to run it why not roll out that way with Dixon because then you create the threat of run or pass. That would have made that linebacker hesitate just enough for those 2 yards.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

are you really asking Batch to come in after being out of games for more then a year, and throw a TD pass? IN OT?

PM IF YOU WOULD LIKE A NEW SIG! I WILL TRY TO HELP AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE! | STEELERS FAN SINCE 1990!

Quote Originally Posted by J.OTSTOTT View Post
    are you really asking Batch to come in after being out of games for more then a year, and throw a TD pass? IN OT?
    lol if thats not what the Steelers are asking from him then I don't know why he's on the team. At least field position for a field goal. He audibles out of a pass to run and loses field position. Ouch.

How could you possible bad mouth Batch, 2 F'N snaps! This whole team sucks *** coaches included! Shame on you Tomlin for letting our worthless POS OC walk the sidelines.

What a f'n mess this team is right now!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Dude.... Arians gave Batch plays with no backfield.....

hes the backup.... arians is a loser.

I never said the play calling was good there, Im just saying that asking Batch to pull a miracle in OT in those circumstances is no guarantee.

Thread Information