Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can the Steelers still make it to the Super Bowl if they dont win the AFC North...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way man.....You do solid work and I enjoy reading your posts....But I just want to see how this team responds next week.....The offense had a bad day against the Bengals but the more alarming thing to me was that key players on that offense looked like they didn't care or their minds were some place else.......I know this team is going to beat the Chiefs...But to me that is not good enough....lol I want to see this offense respond and blow the Chiefs out.......This offense better score in the 30s or more against the Chiefs sorry D.....
    I agree 100%!!! I"m still sore about the Bengals game where no one showed up at!! Of all the games why the Bengals...I mean we better blow out the Chiefs bad!! If we struggle beating this team then we have some serious issues and won't even make the playoffs....I have to honestly say I don't think as of right now we could be the Colts. I'm just a little frustrated with the constant inconsistencies! This game BETTER be a blow out and same with the Raiders and Browns game!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    I agree 100%!!! I"m still sore about the Bengals game where no one showed up at!! Of all the games why the Bengals...I mean we better blow out the Chiefs bad!! If we struggle beating this team then we have some serious issues and won't even make the playoffs....I have to honestly say I don't think as of right now we could be the Colts. I'm just a little frustrated with the constant inconsistencies! This game BETTER be a blow out and same with the Raiders and Browns game!!!
    The Steelers just need to win football games at this point and forget about style points as coach Tomlin likes to say and beating teams by a certain number of points. Win enough games here down the stretch to give yourself a chance to still win the division come mid-December and catch the Bengals. The Steelers will step it up for the games they need too the rest of the way the 2 with Baltimore,Green Bay and Miami. Unless the Steelers completely implode there is no way they lose those games to the Chiefs,Raiders,and Browns as bad as all 3 of those teams have looked this season. If the Steelers would happen to lose to them then they dont deserve to be in the playoffs period. The Cincy debacle was a wake-up call for this team and they wont have another lackluster effort like that again I dont believe for the rest of the season...

Rookie Free Agent Woodson_DownUnder's Avatar

Post re: Own Worst Enemy? or just playing under the radar?

Very good discussion posts in this thread that I agree 100% with all. I'm not going to get sucked in with 'history' as that was a different time and things worked in the Steelers favour in more ways than one. We can't expect things to continue to fall in line as defending champs as 2006 showed that the opposition will come out harder and more EAGER to beat you. Kudos to the Bengals for the sweep but they were not that much convincing to threaten the likes of Peyton Manning and Tom Brady's teams. No sireee.

The Steelers D is doing a a great job as per usual so I'm rather confident the Steelers can rise to the occasion each week but when the health of a playmaker is hampered, whether it's an illness if some type to which I gather Big Ben was feeling abit 'off' then it's up to his teammates to lift an extra gear coz we all know that ONE WEAK LINK can KILL YOU!!

The Colts have lost Bob Sanders.. has that impacted their performance? NO... but it won't take much for any opposition to RISE in unison to defeat the Colts sooner than later. Every undefeated (or double digit wins) team needs to escape in close games and the Steelers are no different. Steelers have IMHO... lost (read BEAT themselves!!) in each of the three games rather than having got beaten so far this season. That's just WEAK LINKS killing YOU!

As defending champs, I prefer the Steelers cruise along the way we have them... but I must admit, WEAK LINKS in Special teams is a concern.. giving away foolish penalties
    are just another way of beating ourselves. Steelers just need to play SMARTER and things will happen for the better. 6-3 with plenty of room to improve and be 13-3.

In the meantime, are the Bengals a worthy 13-3 or better team?? I don't think so Tim.
    They'll bungle themselves out of winning the AFC North. Watch it happen.
    http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=705&dateline=12442565  10

Thread Information