Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can the Steelers still make it to the Super Bowl if they dont win the AFC North...

Bookmark and Share
    yes and they might be the best wildcard team ever while the bengals might be the best division winner ever. AND while i expect the bengals to lose miserably, i think the steelers might be the best team in the division, the chiefs will probabaly keep it close

If we don't win the division, we are likely playing the 4th seed (San Diego/Denver) first, so that's pretty much getting a first round bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    But like I was saying while making my points to start the thread this isnt a few years ago and you cant just say just because they did it in 2005 they are just automatically going to end up doing it again. If anybody on here says they feel comfortable with the Steelers having to go on the road in the playoffs for 3 straight weeks and have to beat Brady and Manning in probably 2 of those 3 weeks they are lying...Im just saying right now and Im making a bold prediction here either the Steelers win this division and get the bye week which they definitely will I believe if they should come back and win it, or they are not going to make it to the Super Bowl. Steelers fans pretty much need to count on the Steelers winning 10 games in a row to win the Super Bowl at this point 7 in the regular season to finish up, 2 in the AFC playoffs,and the Super Bowl because I strongly feel that's what it's going to take to get the job done this year. This Steelers team this year is not going to pull a 2005 fellas I hope Im wrong but I just dont see it happening...
    I like to read your post because you're always looking at the what if's..but on this one I think you're getting just a little too dramatic. Everyone knows your odds are best if you win the division and get a first round bye. That's simply because the best teams usually do it. It's hardly a "bold prediction" to say win the division or you won't win the SB. You'd be a rich man if you could find someone to take a bet that the wild card team won't win the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    If we don't win the division, we are likely playing the 4th seed (San Diego/Denver) first, so that's pretty much getting a first round bye.
    A Jan weekend in sunny Cal to charge up the battery's to than go into NE and Indy and beat 2 of the top 5 QB's of all time in their back yards. No Worries!
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

I actually hope we play the Colts in the second round. Its the easiest win outside Denver/Chargers. Manning does not play well against Pittsburgh or any other 3-4 defense (see Chargers). Even last year when they won, he looked absolutely confused. Had Ben not thrown a terrible INT to end the first half (and two more afterwards). the game would've been a blowout.

Draft Pick
    I think it will be very hard to win it all if we don't win the division but it's supposed to be hard. We have the best team in the NFL. Our defense is the best and our offense is top 5, maybe even better if BA wasn't OC. Special teams drag us down a little bit but we are still the best team. So we'll see, one game at a time.

Awaiting Seven...
    The Steelers are certainly capable of making it back to the Super Bowl, they have the talent to do so. But at the very least, I think we can all agree that this team will be in the playoffs. Once the playoffs begin, it's a completely new season. The slate is wiped clean and regular season records mean nothing. If a team gets hot at the right time, look out. Just look at what the Arizona Cardinals did in the playoffs last year.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Nobody wants to go on the road for the post season but if it's that or not making it at all then I'm certainly ready to watch them travel all over the country. Honestly, I think this team is certainly capable of doing it, and at the time leading up to SBXL, all the teams we played on the road were certainly playing well and know we beat them at their best. The Steelers were driven that year in a way that none of us have seen them in a long time before then. Being behind the 8ball from the midway point of the season they knew it was do or die every week, and they played that way. That team was playing out of their minds every week, finding ways to win. We are at about the time now in 2009 that we were back then, if we are going to make any significant run in the post season then it starts now, winning every weekend and realzing that any missed opportunity from here on out could be the difference between hosting a playoff game, going on the road, and not even being there before.

This team started out slow, then caught fire, and now coming off this loss last weekend it's time to see them get focused again because the next few weeks are going to be rough on the road.

2005-2006

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    Playing the Chargers or the Broncos again on the road is going to be far from a guaranteed win. While I do think the Steelers should beat whoever they play from that division it isnt going to be a walk in the park. If people are going to come on here and say they are going to struggle against the Chiefs this week on the road then turn right back around and say whoever they play on the road from the AFC West is already a first round bye then they are talking out of their asses. Plus, it could still very well be the Pats who get the 4 seed and the Chargers or Broncos who get the 3. If that happens then you open up in New England. Like Ive been saying a win in Baltimore next Sunday and the Steelers chances of winning this division still increase dramatically with the cakewalk of a schedule they have in December and January the last 5 weeks.

Any team we face in the first round is not going to be a guarenteed win or a "bye". We still play football, risk further injuries and watch Ben get sacked 4 or 5 extra times. Winning the division is the better way to go into the playoffs we all know this, but this probably won't happen. IMO we finish 12-4 and get the 5th seed and see the Chargers in the 1st round, but lets see how this team bounces back against KC and the Ravens first.
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 11-19-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Thread Information