Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prospect list by round

Bookmark and Share

Prospect list by round

Heres my short list of guys i like for the steelers by round, this is assuming the steelers pick around 25.

1st Round

Bryan Bulaga LT, Iowa
    I think he declares this year, which is a pretty good year for OTs. He would be the #1 guy next year, but alot of juniors are being pressured into declaring this year because of rookie cap issues. Hes a combination of Joe Thomas and Jake Long, both are pro bowlers

Ciron Black LT, LSU
    I have a soft spot for LSU linemen, both O and D....i dont know why, i hate LSU. But black has been slipping down alot of boards and im not sure why. Hes a top notch prospect imo.

Terrence Cody NT, Bama
    Cody is a big fat man, but as a NT hes the type of player that will be a huge man that takes up alot of blockers....he will play forever. A guy in the mold of Ted Washington, however hes trimming down to be more than a 2 down run stuffer

Phil Taylor NT, Baylor
    More of a Shaun Rogers NT, he is explosive and has the ability to penetrate to creat havoc for teams

Brandon Spikes MLB, Florida
    MLBs are iffy in the draft. HE could go top 10 like patrick willis, or he could go late first early second like poz, maualuga, lauranitis, ect. He would be ideal to replace Farrior. Having one MLB who is a hammer and can blow up guards like spikes and one that is so fast, a great pass rusher and a great coverage guy like timmons...you have the perfect duo.

Corey Wootton, OLB/DE, Northwestern
    Interesting prospect....6-7 he could be a full time DE pass rusher, but he could be a 34OLB since hes such a great athlete. But an interesting scenerio woudl be him as a weak side DE in the 34. He would be a playmaker in that spot, especially since harrison would make up for his lacking in the run game. Bruce Matthews has all his sacks in a 34, 34 ends dont HAVE to be run stuffing studs all the time, they just need to be better than evander hood.

Patrick Robinson CB, Florida State
    Im usually against Corners in the first round, but DB might be enough of a concern. Ike isnt young anymore, townsend is on him last leg and gay has some work to do. Robinson is better than Joe Haden....Haden is trash

Brandon Ghee CB, Wake Forest
    Is a very aggressive corner that i think will shoot up the draft boards

Rounds 2/3

Brandon Graham OLB, Michigan
    Better prospect than woodley, its possible the steelers wont want to extend woodley....which sucks, but graham could step in from day one.

George Selvie OLB/DE, South Florida
    One of my favorite players, has no had the senior season many hoped for but historically is a sack machine and in a year littered with great DE prospects he is bound to slip a little. Would be good in both kinds of defense....which after timmons and hood, seems to be the kind of guy tomlin looks for.

Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
    A mammoth guard......and not only that he is exactly what i look for in a guard. He is a tackle that cant cut it at tackle, and he seems to know that. It depends on what we do along the oline with how the team views essex and what they decide to do with colon.

Sam Young RT, Notre Dame
    Never will be able to play on the left but is a stud prospect on the right. Hes like a white Gosder Cherilus to me in that regard

JD Walton C, Baylor
    The top center by most this year, we need one and Walton has the stones in his pants to hold his own against some of the AFC north NTs...Matt Tennent, and Ted Larsen are also guys that warrant a look at center

Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee
    Is another NT im looking at, hes a pretty versatile Dlinemen.

Boo Robinson, NT, Wake Forest
    Hes explosive and a disruptive force...he will be shooting up draft boards after a solid senior season. Wake has been delivering some quality defensive talent

rounds 3-7 coming

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    my early fav is Terrence Cody NT, Bama... big boy, best and possibly only true 3-4 DT in the draft. I dont see us keeping Hampton.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Awesome breakdown.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Train, Starks signed 4 years for pretty good money, you still think a first round LT is vital? I see OLB and NT, if we dont resign Hampton, as big needs.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    OLB? early? Woodley and Silverback arent going anywhere...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

starks sucks, and colon is gonna command top dollar. if we drafted a LT and started him on the right it would be perfect.

woodley is having a down year, he might not be extended and harrison is 31 going on 32....hes old, i wouldnt rule out a top pass rushing OLB

My Mood
    Impatient
    Even if Woodley is extended it takes some guys a year to get the system, we need backups at OLB and I think they will extend Woodley because he will be an RFA, as well as Colon if no agreement is made, so that will help the OL keep Colon one more year. So anyway, I see OLB as a pretty significant need, as well as NT either way with Hampton because he is old too.

Ciron Black seems to fall on a lot of mocks right now. I've seen places where we could pick him up in the second, which would be the steal of the year. I doub it'll happen tho - Come combine, he'll school people all day long. I don't see us getting Cody. He is going mid-late first round on many mocks, but he is going to be a top 15 imo. There is just way to many teams trying to work out the 3-4 system to actually pass on this guy.

I could see us going MLB actually... I would love that pick. It would, other than getting farrior a replacement, make us more dangerous on blitzing, because we could use Timmons in other ways than the normal MLB duty.

Im still not sold on a first round CB.

George Selvie in second would be a steal imo, but man id love it. Wootton would rock too, and Tomlin seems to like drafting LBs, so why not..
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

ciron black has not had the season many hoped for. he was the #1 prospect at his position for a while but has really conceded that to okung and williams, imo hes still third among seniors and will have great workouts. if bulaga declares he will be 4th though, theres a chance we we have a legitimate shot at getting him and starting him on the right side and either let colon walk or bump him in where he belongs

Keep an eye on Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee. He impresses me more each time I watch him. With Casey Hampton likely gone next season the Steelers have a pretty big need at NT. I think once things shake out Williams would be a good value between picks 20 and 32.

Any thoughts on C.J. Spiller with Willie Parker likely gone? He could be a compliment back and also a possible replacement for Stefon Logan to save a roster spot.

Also keep an eye on the top CB prospects. Willie Gay is a slot corner, not a starter. This CB class isn't very great though. The best value might be in rounds 2-4 for a CB.

Thread Information