Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Put Harrison, Keisel on Special Teams

Bookmark and Share

Put Harrison, Keisel on Special Teams

By John Harris, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009

As a concession to potential injury and their status on the team, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin relieved Pro Bowl outside linebacker James Harrison and starting defensive end Brett Keisel of important special teams responsibilities.

It's time for Tomlin to stop being Mr. Nice Guy and return Harrison and Keisel to the trenches with the other special teams grunts.

It was 2007 all over again for the Steelers during Sunday's special teams meltdown in a critical 18-12 loss to Cincinnati at Heinz Field.

Only this time it wasn't Cleveland's Joshua Cribbs returning kickoffs for 100 and 90 yards in the same game, or Jacksonville's Maurice Jones-Drew's backbreaking kickoff return in the AFC Wild Card playoff game.

Pin this loss on the special teams for allowing another kickoff return for a touchdown, the third kickoff returned for a score against the Steelers in four games.

If Tomlin truly believes special teams are just as important as his offense and defense, he'll shake up the lineup before Sunday's game at Kansas City.

″It's something we've worked on, something that obviously we're aware of and it just seems to keep happening,'' Keisel said. ″I'm sure coach Tomlin is going to address it and I'm sure some moves are going to be made. Who knows? I might be at (my old position) again.''

Rest of article: http://m.triblive.com/triblive/db_36767/contentdetail.htm contentguid=6lOvyvMR&src=cat

Please Mike? I'm begging you!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Im not so sure about Keisel. Were already short on the DL, what do we do if he goes down?
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

I really don't think either of of them should be doing it... had a chance to get Madison back and should have, he could have replaced Ratcliff or Logan. Logan is becoming pretty expensive to keep around for just a ST player ,hell he ain't even doing all the catching on ST anymore....

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Sometimes you have to play starters on special teams, Cowher did it for many years. Having said that, you don't want your star players out there covering kicks unless you absolutely have too. Is the situation dire enough to start putting guys like harrison on ST, perhaps so, but I don't think he'll start doing it just yet...just my

harrison needs to do it, hes the best tackler on the team (in the league)...hes always done it before

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I would think with the way our injury situation is not having Polamalu every week, losing Smith for the year, that Tomlin is going to be very cautious about sticking too many starters out there.

Need to do something, losing game(s) because of it!

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Not to knock anyone, everyone keeps wanting Anthony Madison back. There's a reason he was cut and he's now on his third team. He's with the Colts now and when they cut him I don't want Pittsburgh to pick him up.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    Not to knock anyone, everyone keeps wanting Anthony Madison back. There's a reason he was cut and he's now on his third team. He's with the Colts now and when they cut him I don't want Pittsburgh to pick him up.
    Did anyone see him get abused like 5 times in one play last week against New England?? He got rolled up like a fool! Was funny!!

Rookie Free Agent
    I don't think Sweed or Logan have made a tackle on special teams yet. Logan usually blows by on the outside and I haven't seen Sweed anywhere near the ball carrier. Harrison would be good to blow up the middle...

Thread Information