Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cincy writer calling Steeler fans Trolls/Mindless internet slobs!

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy

Cincy writer calling Steeler fans Trolls/Mindless internet slobs!

Fellow Steeler fans:

Give this writer a piece of your mind!...or just spam the hell out of him! Read this article, I am sure you will be as pi**ed off as I am!
    Here is his email: montreatman@aol.com and pdaugherty@enquirer.com

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...eler%20bullies

Here is what I wrote to him:
    Paul Ė

Obviously, you didnít go to the last Steelers/Bengals game. Before you start throwing names around like a little 6 year old!! The Bengal fans were unreal! Just because someone gave you a computer and some fingers to type, how dare you throw names out like troll or mindless. I know you are in need of attention because you were the little boy that got beat up at school and now you are looking like big man on campus because you are in the position to have the power to write an article. I have worked with people like you all my life. We could spend a whole day trying to figure out your troubled youth. Your job as a writer is to look at both sides, not to write what people want to hear.

EVERY, and I mean EVERY NFL football team has fans that are good and bad. So for you to throw all Steelers fans into the same group, is showing your ignorance and all you are trying to do is build your credibility with the Cincinnati crowd. The Steeler fans I know, which are all over the Queen city, are nothing like you write about, get your facts straight, go to Martinos on any given Sunday, do your research as a reporter.

So next time you write an article covering this topic, do us all a favor and donít, let someone else who is a bit more grounded to write that for our paper, you might want to stick with placing the classifieds.

Best wishes on your new classified assignment,

Chris Spencer

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    he ain't lying....outside of this site there are a lot of dumbass steeler fans.....just go to fever or the aol message board or any other site....... a lot of steeler fans make me sick......every team has a ****** part of their fan base......
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    saints-hater
    This gets me fired up but Im use to it by now from opposing teams fans. The Bengals and their fans need to remember that even though they own the head to head tiebraker over the Steelers now the Steelers are still right on their asses only a game behind them in the loss column. This thing is far from being over and what the Steelers need to do now is keep winning games the rest of the way because at some point here soon the Bengals will drop a game or two and the Steelers once again will be tied or ahead of the Bengals. Still 7 games left and a lot of football to go. The Bengals body of work will ultimately be judged by what they do in the playoffs and not in November by beating the Steelers. The Steelers are not going away and the Bengals are still going to have to keep winning games in order to hold the Steelers off from overtaking them in the division despite having swept them already...

My Mood
    Chatty
    I'm already upset enough about the game that I don't need nor want to read what someone thinks about Steelers fans...who cares anyway! His opinion doesn't mean squat to me!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Draft Pick
    "He revels obnoxiously in his steadfast loyalty, but really, thereís nothing noble about rooting for a chronic winner. It requires only your presence, not your guts. Letís see you hang in there for 12 years of 5-11, Polamalu jersey-wearer."

I am not going to say that I agree with this and yes, if the writer doesn't understand that there are bad and good fans in every NFL team, than he is a moron. Heck if he thinks that a bigger percentage of Steelers fans than Bengals fans are bad, he is wrong. However, my blood was boiling yesterday and I wasn't going to bring this up here but this topic made me. After the game I was waiting for the players to come out to give them a hand as I believe every true fan should do, no matter how bad they might have played. There was a guy, drunk of his butt, yelling "50%" the whole time. To Charlie Batch :"Good job Charlie, you should have played, you would have done better than that 50% guy". To Hines Ward:"Good job Hines, I know you can't do better with that 50% guy". And finally to Ben: "50%, hey 50%, you passed 50%, you are a joke, 50%". Mind you he was yelling this as loud as he could, and not only were the players able to hear this but around 200 fans around there. We were basically 50 feet away from the players at the most. When he started yelling to Ben I got up on the fence and started yelling towards him to shut up and that he is not a Steelers fan.

Like I said, there are bad fans, this was just one. But the fact that someone can be so moronic and idiotic to act like this towards our 2-time Championship QB after one bad game is beyond me. The fact that no one other than me confronted him disappointed me as well.
    Go Steelers!!!!!!

Banned
    There are a TON of obnoxious Steeler fans...I can't stand a lot of them. But there are ones, like on this site, that are fine...some just go way too far.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I'm sorry, but what would you expect a Bengal fan to say" I love the Steelers and their fans " ?

It's nothing more than the truth, they want to be us.Actually he got it wrong,it's hard being a Steeler fan. They don't know the agony of losing when you expect to win every week.

When the Bengals are the team you claim to love,you wake up one day and notice they have a winning record. Now you have to run and buy a jersey ( after you check the stats and findout whose on the team ) and set aside time on Sunday to actually watch a game.

But that only happens once or twice a decade.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Waterboy

I agree with all of you...

I know the reality of good fans and bad fans. But, when this guy groups all of us as bad apples, that is what gets me going. .....and we will see what happens in December, my money is on our Steelers taking the AFC North!

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    This gets me fired up but Im use to it by now from opposing teams fans. The Bengals and their fans need to remember that even though they own the head to head tiebraker over the Steelers now the Steelers are still right on their asses only a game behind them in the loss column. This thing is far from being over and what the Steelers need to do now is keep winning games the rest of the way because at some point here soon the Bengals will drop a game or two and the Steelers once again will be tied or ahead of the Bengals. Still 7 games left and a lot of football to go. The Bengals body of work will ultimately be judged by what they do in the playoffs and not in November by beating the Steelers. The Steelers are not going away and the Bengals are still going to have to keep winning games in order to hold the Steelers off from overtaking them in the division despite having swept them already...
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    he ain't lying....outside of this site there are a lot of dumbass steeler fans.....just go to fever or the aol message board or any other site....... a lot of steeler fans make me sick......every team has a ****** part of their fan base......

To both of you!
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    I don't need nor want to read what someone thinks about Steelers fans...who cares anyway! His opinion doesn't mean squat to me!

I didn't read it nor do I care! :cheers:
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

I live in Columbus, Ohio now, between all the buckeye crazy *** fans and Bungles I'm ready to flip the blank out!

Thread Information