Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There are defining moments in every season...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

There are defining moments in every season...

For the 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers their's I believe will come Sunday night in Baltimore. Much like it did last season in Baltimore in December with the TD play on the goaline to Santanio Holmes that won the division title and was a big momentum builder for the Steelers to make it to the Super Bowl and win it. This game Sunday night in Baltimore one way or another I believe will be a huge swing game either way for the Steelers. It is either going to propel them into December and into the last 5 games with a great chance to still keep pace with the Bengals and win the AFC North, or it's going to be a game that if the Steelers dont win could end up destroying their season and their playoff hopes. So we shall see what Steelers team we get Sunday night in Baltimore. Keep in mind these are the kind of games that when Ben plays in he usually shines and steps up and comes up big. He most definitely will have to do that Sunday night if he does play in Baltimore because the Steelers season and playoff and division title hope future all depend on it...

I hear you....this game can go either way...but as long as we run the ball and Mendy gets enough touches I think we take this game.

Yep we witnessed one such defining moment about 15 seconds into the game against KC on Sunday. I hope you guys are right about this team and they turn the corner this Sunday with a win against the Ratbirds. I'm glad I don't bet on the Steelers cause the games I would have bet the ranch on this season and we were expected to win and we lost and I would be homeless. But the games I thought we were going to have a dog fight in we won and looked like the defending Super bowl champs. This team has got to become consistant!!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I agree this is a defining moment for our Steelers; if they lose this game there's way too much we have to rely on for the post season to become a reality. This is a statement game as much for us as it is for Baltimore too, both teams have underachieved and are looking to get back on track. You can bet your last dollar they will be up in a big way for this, even more than usual.

The Steelers simply must win this game, there's no 2 ways about it. We're already 1-2 in the division as it is, we need to sweep baltimore and cleveland. We all knew Cincy wasn't going to win out, and losing the Raiders proves they aren't there yet. Them losing a couple more games this year is a definitely possibility, so it's our job to stop screwing around and realize we won't get many more chances.

Lets just face it, no one expected the Bungles to come out and play as well as they have this season. Our guys looked at this schedule and thought they had a couple of tough teams and the rest would be a walk in the park all the way to the playoffs. The Super Bowl hangover bit them in the ***. Most of our rookies are not up to speed enough to do the job full time and the veterans are getting beatup on a weekly basis. We will be very lucky to get into the playoffs this season. I want #7 for the Steelers as badly as anyone else and I'd love to see a come from the middle of the NFL pack and fight for it story for this team. But that is what it is going to take to get this team to Miami.

Although I don't think it will define our playoff hopes I believe it will define our Super Bowl chances. If we lose we still could make the playoffs but I doubt that they make it more than a game. If we win out we can go deep into the playoffs even as a wild card.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Running the ball without Kemo will be fun.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    This is the week I believe that will turn this entire Steelers season around. Everybody expected us to win against the Bengals and Chiefs and we didnt, and now everybody is going to be picking us to lose in Baltimore. That's why I believe the Steelers will win this game. They thrive when their backs are against the wall. Especially Ben Roethlisberger. I expect him to have a big game against the Ravens on Sunday, and even though I was wrong last week with my predicition for KC and for the rest of the season I am going to be bold again and say the Steelers will find a way to win in Baltimore Sunday night and walk out of Rat Turd country knowing they pretty much killed the Ravens playoff hopes...

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    Running the ball without Kemo will be fun.
    Hmmm. They plugged in Ramon Foster to replace Kemo, but my question is what happened to the highly touted 3rd round pick Craig Uribik from Wisconsin? Wasn't he supposed to push Darnell Stapleton to be a starting guard this season? What happened, another draft dud? Bring back Kendall Simmons for a few weeks.

To win, Steelers must not turnover the football, keep Ben clean, and no breakdowns on special teams.

Is that Al Bundy in your avatar?
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information