Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cincy writer calling Steeler fans Trolls/Mindless internet slobs!

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    When a Bengals fan is in my face and a few have over the past few days all I do is this....I take my right hand and flash them 5----and then I take my left hand and flash them the middle finger and ask if they can count......and preceed to ask the question.......how many can you raise?
    Obnoxious to the Obnoxious...and we have the upper hands....

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    he ain't lying....outside of this site there are a lot of dumbass steeler fans.....just go to fever or the aol message board or any other site....... a lot of steeler fans make me sick......every team has a ****** part of their fan base......
    I agree with you 100% on the Fever comment mostly because I just came from the crapy message board. It seems like the fans there like to bash more then the opposing team! They been bashing the Steelers lately and I couldn't take it anymore. I could only imagine how bad it would get there if the Steelers didn't make the playoffs.

Maybe the writer is talking about those forums and not this one, so far it seems like this place is great for talking football!

PM IF YOU WOULD LIKE A NEW SIG! I WILL TRY TO HELP AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE! | STEELERS FAN SINCE 1990!

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by J.OTSTOTT View Post
    I agree with you 100% on the Fever comment mostly because I just came from the crapy message board. It seems like the fans there like to bash more then the opposing team! They been bashing the Steelers lately and I couldn't take it anymore. I could only imagine how bad it would get there if the Steelers didn't make the playoffs.

Maybe the writer is talking about those forums and not this one, so far it seems like this place is great for talking football!
    People around here can definately critique our team at times but you've come to a far better place.

Quote Originally Posted by floodcitygirl View Post
    ....you've come to a far better place.
    What Flood said.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

My Mood
    Cool
    This writer's a genius and certainly did his job to perfection.

I'm 100% serious, so hear me out on this.

As a sports writer, I know full well what to do and what to say to get reads and discussions stirred up. So does this guy.

You want sure fire controversy, attack a team with a rabid fan base, attack a team with a winning tradition.

In the NFL...you go after teams like the Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, etc. (Yes, the Raiders. Have you seen their fans online? They're everywhere.).

Now, I have no idea what the writer said, because to be perfectly honest with you my skin is entirely too tough to get sucked into some pissing match who took on a two bit job with the Enquirer. But he obviously did something right, because not only does he have the Cincinnati fans reading this article, but the Steelers fans as well.

Is he right? Yes and no. To say that the Steelers have the perfect fans is ridiculous, and I agree with the sentiment that I cannot stand half of the ones I meet. In fact this site is the only all Steelers site that I can go on and not leave after reading three posts.

You'll see a lot of Steelers fans try and debate a logical argument from a fan of another team with "We've got six Super Bowl wins, what about you?" and then walk away with a sh!t eating grin on their face. That's sickening.

I'll talk to maybe three Steelers fans on Bleacher Report as well, because I'm tired of hearing feel good stories about a team that just lost to the Chiefs. Yeah, it's all well and good for a minute, but sooner or later the puppy dogs and chocolate gets sickening.

In fact the one Bengals fan I did associate with on B/R I probably liked more than the Steelers fans (at least most of them) on the site.

Thread Information