Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Steelers can still win the division and get the bye week as long as they win out

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    bump bump bump bump....please just admit you a one of the biggest homers here....please just read through the garbage you typed
    Well I was completely wrong and I guess I underestimated just how mediocre of a team the Steelers are and how capable the Chiefs were of taking this game if the Steelers handed to them with numerous chances which they continually did. You cannot turn the ball over like the Steelers did in key situations with chances to put the game away twice like they did and expect to even beat a team the Chiefs. The interception in the red zone by Ben was just an inexcusable play, and the play calling in overtime with the pitch to Moore on 3rd and 2 was beyond atrocious. Im not going to give Sepulveda a pass either seeing that he punted the ball in the end zone after the failed 3rd down play by Moore instead of trying to put the Chiefs inside their own 10 and really make them work to get out of that hole. Ill admit the whole winning out thing was a bit over the top but I did say it would take a total and complete implosion by the Steelers to lose this game and that's exactly what happened. Nobody in their right mind thought the Steelers were going to lose that game yesterday on this board.

But unlike you Im a glass half full guy most of the time and Im going to continue to look at the positive side of things. And yes despite the loss yesterday to the pathetic Chiefs Ill still tell you the Steelers have a chance to win this division because I was right on saying the Bengals would lose a few more games seeing that they imploded to Oakland yesterday, and they might lose 2 more if they in Minnesota and San Diego next month. So if you want to keep coming on here and preaching doom and gloom that's fine but the bottom line is there is still 6 games left and every single one of them are winnable if the Steelers start ****ing playing like they are capable of. The loss yesterday to the Chiefs was without question the single worst loss of the Mike Tomlin era.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I was right on saying the Bengals would lose a few more games seeing that they imploded to Oakland yesterday, and they might lose 2 more if they in Minnesota and San Diego next month. So if you want to keep coming on here and preaching doom and gloom that's fine but the bottom line is there is still 6 games left and every single one of them are winnable if the Steelers start ****ing playing like they are capable of. The loss yesterday to the Chiefs was without question the single worst loss of the Mike Tomlin era.
    Ya I think the Bengals lose a couple more games too. Vikings & Chargers should beat them, but its a wasted opportunity for the Steelers as they could have gone up one game on the AFCN with a win over the ****ing Chiefs and they couldn't even pull it off. So if they can win out the schedule they could still win the division, but with the way they played today I have a feeling they could drop one or two more, so being realistic I think we're going for the 5th seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Well I was completely wrong and I guess I underestimated just how mediocre of a team the Steelers are and how capable the Chiefs were of taking this game if the Steelers handed to them with numerous chances which they continually did. You cannot turn the ball over like the Steelers did in key situations with chances to put the game away twice like they did and expect to even beat a team the Chiefs. The interception in the red zone by Ben was just an inexcusable play, and the play calling in overtime with the pitch to Moore on 3rd and 2 was beyond atrocious. Im not going to give Sepulveda a pass either seeing that he punted the ball in the end zone after the failed 3rd down play by Moore instead of trying to put the Chiefs inside their own 10 and really make them work to get out of that hole. Ill admit the whole winning out thing was a bit over the top but I did say it would take a total and complete implosion by the Steelers to lose this game and that's exactly what happened. Nobody in their right mind thought the Steelers were going to lose that game yesterday on this board.

But unlike you Im a glass half full guy most of the time and Im going to continue to look at the positive side of things. And yes despite the loss yesterday to the pathetic Chiefs Ill still tell you the Steelers have a chance to win this division because I was right on saying the Bengals would lose a few more games seeing that they imploded to Oakland yesterday, and they might lose 2 more if they in Minnesota and San Diego next month. So if you want to keep coming on here and preaching doom and gloom that's fine but the bottom line is there is still 6 games left and every single one of them are winnable if the Steelers start ****ing playing like they are capable of. The loss yesterday to the Chiefs was without question the single worst loss of the Mike Tomlin era.
    see i too never bought into the bengals, and wasnt that surprised by them losing yesterday. im not "doom and gloom" im realistic. i said it was a harsh reality that the chiefs could win, and they did. you absolutely said there was no ****ing chance in hell this game is anything but a win. i said the steelers would keep the game close and give the chiefs multiple opportunities for an upset. im sure you still are sure the steelers will win out which is fine, i just think you would be much less disappointed if you had more realistic expectations, you know what they are....theres no reason in believeing they are something they are not

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Trap86 View Post
    Ya I think the Bengals lose a couple more games too. Vikings & Chargers should beat them, but its a wasted opportunity for the Steelers as they could have gone up one game on the AFCN with a win over the ****ing Chiefs and they couldn't even pull it off. So if they can win out the schedule they could still win the division, but with the way they played today I have a feeling they could drop one or two more, so being realistic I think we're going for the 5th seed.
    Ill say that's pretty accurate right there. After yesterday's debacle it's hard to say anymore games this year are gimmies even the Oakland and Cleveland games back to back weeks even though they should be and the Steelers should still win them both. But again after yesterday's loss to the Chiefs all bets are off. Plus, with the injuries to both Ben and now Batch and having the possibility of Dixon being the starting QB Sunday night in Baltimore the Steelers odds of winning in Baltimore have really shrunk in a big way...But that's why they play the game and we will see how it all unfolds guys. Maybe Ben's head injury isnt that serious and he will play Sunday night in Baltimore and the Steelers will then have a legit chance to win that game. A win Baltimore next week will go along way in keeping the Steelers in this division race with the Bengals. And Ill continue to keep saying that they are still not out of this race just yet. The Steelers gotta win this game in Baltimore then they got the Raiders and Browns up next while the Bengals schedule gets tougher having games at Minnesota and at San Diego...

--- Added 11/23/2009 at 11:51 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    see i too never bought into the bengals, and wasnt that surprised by them losing yesterday. im not "doom and gloom" im realistic. i said it was a harsh reality that the chiefs could win, and they did. you absolutely said there was no ****ing chance in hell this game is anything but a win. i said the steelers would keep the game close and give the chiefs multiple opportunities for an upset. im sure you still are sure the steelers will win out which is fine, i just think you would be much less disappointed if you had more realistic expectations, you know what they are....theres no reason in believeing they are something they are not
    If Ben Roethlisberger is healthy and can play the next 6 games especially in Baltimore this Sunday night then yea they have a chance to win the next 6 games. If Ben is out and they have to rely on Dennis Dixon and whoever else they bring in here to back him up then the Steelers will be lucky to make the playoffs...The Raiders beating the Bengals yesterday pretty much saved the Steelers asses and still gave them reason to believe they can win this division seeing that they are no worse off in the standings then they were a week ago today...They should send Bruce Gradkowski and Andre Caldwell early Christmas gifts for keeping the Steelers in the AFC North race.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Im quite certain he'll be more than happy to defend his posts, he always does. While some of us didn't think this would be a cake walk, and others did, the fact is we should have won this game and we didn't. I picked us to win this week too, just based on the fact that we usually respond well after a loss, but we came up short today.
    Thanks for the back up TG I appreciate it. Hey I have no problem admitting that this one kind of got away from me and I was wrong in a lot of things I said. With that being said, there is still a lot of football left and the Steelers can still right this ship and win this division. The Bengals as I mentioned before will slip and lose enough games down the stretch. The Steelers just need to do their part and win and they will be right there in the end with a chance to steal this division from the Bengals I believe despite being swept by the Bengals and losing to the Chiefs yesterday...

Thread Information