Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Special teams are not that special

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent CNY_STEELER_FAN's Avatar
    DSep has nothing to do with the 3+ touch down returns we've given up on kick-off's this year. And...after seeing Berger punt for Bronco's, I have no complaints with him atm.

Reed ... I was a bit surprised they didn't bench him after his last arrest and bring in the Czech for a week. Unless Reed is playing injured, there is little excuse for his on field kick-off behavior.

I'm couldn't watch the game, but listening to it on the radio, it didn't feel like our players were quite as excited as the Bengals. And apparently, the only way we're gonna beat Bengals in playoffs, is with a healthy Troy. =/

When the ran it back for the TD Reed was the only player at the end who had a shot at bringing him down and it looked like Jeff just got out of his way. Jeff needs to learn that kicking field goals is only part of his job. He did make that tackle later in the game but it was too late for me. Reed is leaving a bad impression on the fans.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    You know what... Im about done with this Logan experiment too...

We have Wallace, Lewis, Moore and Burrnett who can return too. Cut his *** and bring in a guy who can cover and tackle. Hell, Put FWP in there, maybe he could contribute to this team yet. He'd prolly get hurt after 2 attempts and be in the locker room with his training room buddy Troy. Anyone got Piotr Czech's phone number at UFL New York?

Logan was awesome in the pre-season against a bunch of scrubs. "Redman Syndrome"

--- Added 11/16/2009 at 12:38 PM ---

Looking at Stats now:

Logan is #26 in the NFL in Return ave.
    Jeff Reed has one Touchback this year.
    Reeds KO ave 60yds (37th)
    KO Ret team is allowing a ave of 25.9 (5th worst)
    DSep is 27th in Punting ave.
    But PR coverage isnt as bad (19th)

as a team:
    Pitt is 30th in kicking
    and 26th in punting
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Rookie Free Agent

Logan and Special Teams

Logan hasn't done enough to keep his spot. He has started running like he's scared. No burst. Logan, Sweed, Reed, have been No shows on coverage. Sweed and Logan couldn't tackle anyone. Logan runs down so fast he runs right past the returner. You need people who can contain and then explode on someone. Take away the 96 yard return and we blow Cincy away. Punt coverage sucks too. I agree I think its time for Reed to go after the two No attempts at tackles. He is struggling just to make extra point and short fg's. Most of them are just barely inside the post from close. He blew the Bears game and even last year in the playoffs I would have been shaking if he would have had to make a game winning FG which he didn't have to in the playoffs.
    Why didn't we keep a couple of our excellant kickoff cover guys from last year. Get them back and dump Sweed and Logan. The running back we got from Green Bay did better than Logan. Logan had burst in preseason but now he hesitates.

Rookie Free Agent steelersforever1983's Avatar
    what happened to all the praise about him now? really hard to return stuff in the nfl when all the other players have the same speed. can't put the kicker to curb during the season. kicking ain't easy lets face it. plus not scoring in redzone hurt more than the kickoff return. your panicking to much look at the record we'll still make the playoffs.
    Last edited by steelersforever1983; 11-17-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Rookie Free Agent
    Not panicking. Logan and Sweed are not bringing anything to the table. Logan is too small. Sweed can't catch anymore. He drops very easy catches. Great at Texas, a bust at Pittsburgh. Reed knows he won't be back next year. You can tell he isn't as confident as he use to be. He also use to try to tackle people? If he would have done that when he was a rookie he would have already took a hike.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    How many threads are we going to have about the special teams?
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    How many threads are we going to have about the special teams?
    I was gonna ask the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by weidnerr View Post
    Not panicking. Logan and Sweed are not bringing anything to the table. Logan is too small. Sweed can't catch anymore. He drops very easy catches. Great at Texas, a bust at Pittsburgh. Reed knows he won't be back next year. You can tell he isn't as confident as he use to be. He also use to try to tackle people? If he would have done that when he was a rookie he would have already took a hike.
    Bringing up Sweeds inability to catch a ball on a ST thread is awesome...

Logan is doing alright, however he needs know when to take a knee and when to get run it. I would like to see Wallace and Burnett on those returns tho. Especially burnett.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information