Don't take me wrong with this post, I like Willie just as much as the next guy... but what is the deal with Willie rushing the ball on the road?
- Road Game Yardage
- @ Jacksonville - 11 carries 20 yards
- @ San Diego - 14 carries 57 yards
- @ Atlanta - 20 carries 47 yards
- @ Oakland - 22 carries 83 yards
- @ Cleveland - 16 carries 46 yards
What does this all come down to... 50.6 yards per game on the road and a team record of 1-5 with their first road win today!!!
- Home Game Yardage
- Miami - 29 carries 115 yards
- Bengals - 31 carries 133 yards
- Kansas City - 21 carries 109 yards
- Denver - 14 carries 70 yards
- New Orleans - 22 carries 213 yards
These numbers equate to 128 yards per game and a record of 3-2.
What this all comes down to is if the Steelers have to take to the road again the outlook doesn't look good because the Steeler can't get the running game going! The thing I don't understand though is how can a running back be so awesome at home, but when he gets on the road he is just another running back at best???? Willie has had 4 100+ yard games this year and 0 of those have come on the road!
You can almost say that if Willie goes over a 100 yards the team is undefeated because the Bengals game was really over until others on the team started fumbling the ball over in Steelers territory... like Ricardo and Haynes!!! Instead though, when Willie is over 100 yards the Steelers are 3-1. What is the problem though... why can't he get 100 yards on the road??? Especially against 2 teams that give up 140+ yards on the ground (Oakland & the Browns)!