Thread: A Steelers win Sunday puts them as the current number 2 seed in the AFC...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

A Steelers win Sunday puts them as the current number 2 seed in the AFC...

Which I think is even more important in the long run as opposed to winning the AFC North. The first step to getting one of those top 2 seeds is taking control of the AFC North finally which the Steelers have an excellent chance to do with a win over the Bengals come Sunday. With that being said, the game to keep an eye on this week after the Steelers game with the Bengals is the Colts and Patriots game. One way or another the Steelers will get help in this game in terms of moving one game closer to being the top seed in the AFC or getting a bigger lead in terms of having a grasp on the number 2 seed in the AFC. If the Patriots beat the Colts the Colts drop to 8-1 and the Steelers would be one game behind them at 7-2. The Steelers however despite having the same record as the Patriots at 7-2 would still have the number 2 seed over them because they have a better overall conference record which is the first head to head tiebraker seeing that the Steelers and the Pats dont play. The Patriots have 2 AFC losses while the Steelers still would only have 1 assuming of course they beat the Bengals Sunday. Now if the Colts beat the Patriots they would move to 9-0 and drop the Patriots to 6-3. This could actually work out in the Steelers favor even more because the Patriots would then be a full game behind the Steelers for the 2 seed at 6-3 and then have 3 conference losses to the Steelers 1 still.

Keep in mind also being left out of this conversation is the Steelers now currently own the head to head tiebraker over the Denver Broncos after the *** kicking they gave to them 3 days ago on Monday night. So even if the Broncos win against the Redskins this week which they probably will the Steelers still stay ahead of them because they own the head to head tiebraker.

The Steelers pretty much at the very least have put themselves in excellent position to get at the very worst the number 3 seed if they win the AFC North seeing that they have head to head tiebrakers over both the Broncos and the Chargers who we can pretty much guarantee one of them is going to win that AFC West division. Should be an excellent fun weekend to start breaking down playoff scenarios and seedings as they start to take shape more and more as we move closer to the end of November and get into December. But once again keep an eye on that Patriots Colts game Sunday night especially if the Steelers beat the Bengals because I feel that's a very very important game for the Steelers when it comes to the seedings and the bye weeks later on in the season when they start to take shape...

Good breakdown! I just hope we stomp them and continue to climb that stairway to 7!!

Draft Pick
    Now all we need to do is win...

My Mood
    Impatient
    Great job here, all I have to say is that Manning often chokes in the playoffs so I am ok with being the #2 seed in the AFC, so lets beat down some bungals

Quote Originally Posted by greennick View Post
    Now all we need to do is win...
    Yes and continue to win.

I think the Pats lose 3 more games, Colts, Saints & Dolphins
    Colts lose 1 maybe 2 and get 1st seed.
    We lose 1 more and get 2nd seed.

Than like Titans last year the Colts lose their game and both playoff games are in Pgh.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Draft Pick
    Yeah I've had an eye on this game since the last week. We want Colts to win to really put ourselves in a good position to have a bye week if we win. Our team is experienced so there won't be any negative affects of the bye week, only positive ones with the rest. The game against Doncos showed that. We had the best 2nd half of the season because we were fresh. 1st half was just a bunch of bad play calling on our part and good play calling (go on Gay) by Doncos.

Go Steelers!!!!!!

My Mood
    Love
    We're going to be alright boys. Steelers will get it done.

Thread Information