Thread: Interview with Big Ben

Interview with Big Ben

Cool interview by ESPN. I'm surprised he talked about the lawsuit.

http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/4641995

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Good interview, nice recap of the last few years of Ben's career. I don't think many of us realized how much Ben kept to himself after the accident and everything. Most people probably felt like it was your typical "team helping out" kinda deal, during those times but in reality Ben's team attitude wasn't the greatest those first few years and consequently he took it upon himself to recover from his injuries and what not on his own. We had many a discussion about why Ben wasn't voted a team capt those first few years of his career, and this really brings that into perspective.

Thank goodness for charlie really sitting down with Ben and laying it out on the line, or we might not be where we are today. To see him interact with his teammates, hang out with them off the field, and genuinely care about all of them really shows what kind of team we have.

I was glad he did put a little more out there about the lawsuit. It shows he is not afriad of it although it does bother him to have his name tarnished. The video also showed that those guys are human not objects. I can't wait till Ben is cleared on this lawsuit and it is off his back forever.

He really didn't say much about the lawsuit. Pretty generic stuff and things you'd expect. I found the rest of the interview much more interesting. He has simply matured, all the early success on the field and to his bank account simply was a little too much for him to handle. I'm sure that there were others who gave him similar talks that charlie did. He realized what he was doing wrong, he matured, and did what he had to do to become an elite player and leader of the team. Now there's no doubt who the leader on the field is and barring a major injury the next 5-7 years are going to be really fun.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

The Steeler Way

This story is not so much about football as it is about team & family. The insight here was surprising but informative on Ben's growth & maturity. Seeing his team mates, especially Charlie Batch step up & show their support & encouragement demonstrated that the Steeler Family is no made up media gimmick. My admiration continues to grow for these guys, & not just because they are winners on the field. True sports heroes can be hard to find in today's world, all you need to do is look in Pittsburgh. Go Steelers!! Go Big Ben!!
    Last edited by TheExiled; 11-13-2009 at 08:43 AM. Reason: add text
    Where Have You Gone Johnny U?

Very well said Exile!
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information