Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Post game

Bookmark and Share
    Tailgate Coordinator

Post ESPN Post game

Did you guys catch the ESPN post game conversation on how Ben is still not an "elite"QB? A few years ago he was called a game manager and was a guy who got to where he was because of the running game and throwing only 20 passes a game or whatever. This season he's putting up ridiculous #'s, so now the argument changed to he's not in the Brady/Manning divine place because he doesn't "dictate" to defenses... What? This is just complete and utter bull I just can't believe the bias against Ben and don't understand the reasoning behind it if there is any. What is it that he has to do throw 10 TD passes a game? I'm starting to believe what many here have said about ex players having hatred for the Steelers from past beatings they took with just plain envy at their success mixed in there too. It has to be something like that because the analysis is just too stupid even for ex jocks.
    One more thing is Steve Young plain retarded or on drugs? He babbles sometimes incoherently and his train of thought just derails completely somethings not right with that guy.

Oh there was also mention of how it's the weapons he has around him that make him look good, apparently Manning/Brady have never had good recievers.
    Last edited by Stlrs4Life; 11-10-2009 at 10:35 AM.

I'm A "Champion"

Wipe your *** with the white collared elite BS, Ben is a blue collard f'n STUD! Steelers style of "elite"! I wouldn't have it any other way!

Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.
    It's all good, it just keeps Ben playing with fire in his belly.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wipe your *** with the white collared elite BS, Ben is a blue collard f'n STUD! Steelers style of "elite"! I wouldn't have it any other way!
    Couldn't have said it any better myself; Ben will never be the NFL's poster child because it does it the old fashion way every week. He goes out there and takes the hits, makes the tough sneaks, wills his team to victory with sheer determination, gets his jersey dirty, and without a doubt is the toughest QB in the league. Take your Brady and your Manning; neither one of them would thrive in Pittsburgh the way that Ben does.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    Did you guys catch the ESPN post game conversation on how Ben is still not an "elite"QB?
    Keep in mind the number of concussions Steve Young has endured, and the fact that he hates the Steelers with a passion.

Watch him sometime, whenever he's forced to say something positive about Pittsburgh his face muscles twitch and he starts tapping his fingers.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    brady and manning are media darlings...

i hope Ben never ends up like that, he is doing just fine on his own
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

This pisses me off. Ben is 27 years old and already has 2 superbowl rings. He has one of the best QB ratings ever in the NFL and he is huge. He can throw the ball as good if not better than anyone in the league and he can take a hit. The sports media has never given him the respect he deserves. Did anyone see Mendenhall throw up that block to protect Ben last night? Mendenhall has really become just what we needed since Bettis retired.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    yeah, Young is a pitiful announcer....
    Agreed though, Ben is in the class whether the haters want to admit it or not. Anyone with a brain knows it.

keyword = ESPN

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

He doesn't dictate? BS. In the post game interview with the donkos coach, he said they were only trying to run out the clock before half. If we didn't you'd put the ball back in Ben's hands with about two minuets remaining on the clock. And thats not a place you want to be.

For not being an 'elite' qb they sure are scared shitless of him and what he can do.

Thread Information