Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If there's any doubt left about Mendenhall, it should be gone

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

If there's any doubt left about Mendenhall, it should be gone

This kid coming up big on MNF, responding when he's called upon, that's exactly what you want to see. He's going to make his mistakes now and then, cough it up at the wrong time, miss a blitz pickup here and there, but the more experience he gets the more you can see him just getting more and more confident. He's hitting the holes with authority, running downhill, falling forward, all the things you want to see a good RB do. Even with the slow start in the first half, he took the adjustments that the coaches made at half time and really kicked it into gear. The Broncos are/were #3 vs the run going into this game so having a big day on the ground is quite an accomplishment.

There will still be growing pains to deal with, you can be sure, this any doubt of whether or not this kid has it should be gone. All he needs is continued reps in game situations and he'll be scary good!
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-10-2009 at 12:18 AM.

basically what ive been preeching since day one.....it was only a matter of time

My Mood
    Addicted
    Mendenhall is the man, but he still needs to learn to carry that ball higher, but he's getting faster an better week in an week out, that was an sick run he had to give us a first down after we had them penalties in the 4 th quarter.

Look at every post I've ever had regarding Rashard. I knew he would be fine. He is showing exactly why he was picked where he was. I can honestly say that if he keeps this up, he will be a pro bowl back sometime in the next couple years. He is monster and has earned more carries...he needs the rock more. He is on his way to 1,000 yards this season.
    Last edited by Big T; 11-10-2009 at 12:25 AM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    mendy is just what the doctor ordered for our run game...the willie situation still sucks, and i'd hate to see him go, but mendy and memo are a great tandum

i would like to add that i love the spin move....little reckless? maybe, but its delicious when he does it

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The kid was a first round pick for a reason.......I never called him a bust and was patient with him and he showing what I expected from him.....But one point to make is there were some huge holes out there tonight so major props to the OL but Mendhenhall hits the hole hard with authority and exploded through the hole.....Yea he dances to much at times and loves his spin move a tad to much at times but you can't hate on this kid anymore and he is starting to live up to his draft status.....He is going to be a beast for years to come......

My Mood
    Addicted
    yeah, he's good w/ the spin, minus the 3 yd loss when he spun into a defensemen, lol....did you catch santonio's little spin that opened him up for a catch in the middle? that was nice

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i would like to add that i love the spin move....little reckless? maybe, but its delicious when he does it
    He'll probably fumble now and then because of it but it's awesome seeing him spin out of tackles. He is exciting.

--- Added 11/9/2009 at 11:29 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblk&gld View Post
    yeah, he's good w/ the spin, minus the 3 yd loss when he spun into a defensemen, lol....did you catch santonio's little spin that opened him up for a catch in the middle? that was nice
    Santonio's spin = beautiful

Props to Rasard, he's really starting to mature. I guess that Tomlin knew what he was doing benching his *** a few weeks ago!
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information