Thread: Timmons in, Kirschke out

Bookmark and Share

Timmons in, Kirschke out

• Defensive end Travis Kirschke (calf) and running back Carey Davis (hamstring) did not practice all week and won't play in Sunday's 1 p.m. game against Cincinnati at Heinz Field. Kirschke will miss his second consecutive game. Davis was injured last week against Denver. Safety Tyrone Carter returned to practice after sitting out Thursday because of illness. Linebacker Lawrence Timmons, who did not play against Denver because of an ankle injury, is expected to start against the Bengals.

• Cincinnati linebacker Keith Rivers, who is second on the team with 67 tackles, is listed as doubtful with a calf injury. Guard Evan Mathis is also doubtful. Rivers and Mathis are not expected to play. Wide receiver Andre Caldwell, defensive tackle Tank Johnson and center Jonathan Luigs did not practice due to illness and are listed as probable. Defensive end Robert Geathers (hip) was limited in practice and is also probable. Fullback Jeremi Johnson (chest) and defensive tackle Frostee Rucker (neck) both practiced and are listed as questionable.

• Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace was named Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week. Wallace caught five passes for 69 yards, including a 25-yard touchdown reception in the Steelers' 28-10 win over Denver. After the regular season, five players will be nominated for Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/rookies throughout the month of January.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_653135.html
    Timmons will be good to have back for this game. We'll need the extra speed he brings to the table compared to Fox. Not taking anything away from Fox tho. He did an outstanding job against Denver, but Timmons is much faster, and can be used it more ways than Fox, which will be good against Bengals because you have to be able to keep Palmer in check, and Timmons has the speed to give him one look, and do something else.

Also, congrats to Wallace - Well deserved. Too bad Percy Harvin exist, because Wallace could have been a candidate to Rookie of the Year imo.

Bengals is really banged up which i hate. Facing banged up division rivals always lead to poor excuses when they loose. I would rather Steelers beat them with all their starters.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Also, congrats to Wallace - Well deserved. Too bad Percy Harvin exist, because Wallace could have been a candidate to Rookie of the Year imo.

Don't count him out yet. Still half a season to go.
    Let's hope Timmons can stay healthy from hear on in and show why he was the second LB after Patrick Willis selected in that years draft!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Timmons will be good to have back for this game. We'll need the extra speed he brings to the table compared to Fox. Not taking anything away from Fox tho. He did an outstanding job against Denver, but Timmons is much faster, and can be used it more ways than Fox, which will be good against Bengals because you have to be able to keep Palmer in check, and Timmons has the speed to give him one look, and do something else.

Bengals is really banged up which i hate. Facing banged up division rivals always lead to poor excuses when they loose. I would rather Steelers beat them with all their starters.
    Well the Steelers are without Aaron Smith and Kirschke.....The Steelers have played games without Troy P. and Timmons this year as well......So yea the Bengals are banged up but that is the nature of the beast in the NFL.....Let them make all the excuses they want.....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Well the Steelers are without Aaron Smith and Kirschke.....The Steelers have played games without Troy P. and Timmons this year as well......So yea the Bengals are banged up but that is the nature of the beast in the NFL.....Let them make all the excuses they want.....
    Haha, i know. Thing is, i actually have not seen one excuse on this site where we have bitched about injuries, nor will we if, may god forbid it, loose tomorrow. Its just a typical Bengals excuse. That and refs
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Haha, i know. Thing is, i actually have not seen one excuse on this site where we have bitched about injuries, nor will we if, may god forbid it, loose tomorrow. Its just a typical Bengals excuse. That and refs
    I was checking out one Bengals site and there was a Bengals fan on there still whining about Palmer's injury in the play-off game 4 years ago....lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Man they just can't let that **** go

Good to see Timmons back, but Fox filled very nicely and we didn't miss a beat. It's good to know our depth at MLB is solid.

Fox is proving to be a real nice pick up....

FYI: 43 was out first time around bungle fans, yes I know they lurk!

Thread Information