Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If there's any doubt left about Mendenhall, it should be gone

Bookmark and Share
    Did you guys see him throw up that big block for Ben? Mendenhall is becoming a true Steeler!

My Mood
    Love
    I just want to say great job Mendenhall. Never doubted you bro.

Draft Pick
    The kid is doing well in what could be considered his rookie season but he still looks like he's going to drop the rock with every carry. That one they reviewed late in the game was as close to a fumble as they come.

Mendenhall needed time to adjust to the pro game, he is still learning. Watch this video (turn the volume down) . If Mendenhall would run like that all of our problems would be solved.

did you even watch that video? never once did he run just to go out of bounds and when he did go to the sideline he lowered his shoulder until he was forced out. i do not think it was a great move to run OOB against the broncos last night but damn hes not the first to ever do that. all i saw in that video was something to be excited about, a player with the potential to be special. and you saw clips of mendenhall becoming a RB.

trying to get the edge is his style and hes got the speed, theres nothing wrong with that....the video showed me him running behind his pads and having elite vision with some of his cuts

Reppin' 724
    I'll always be a FWP fan, but I guess I gotta put the team first and say Mendy is the man right now. The line has been absolutely playing solid for him too, which is huge, but when the dude gets to the second level he does seem to make the defenders pay. And he absolutely has that burst.

I know Willie won't be back next year, there is no sense in renewing his contract at this point, unless he gives a huge discount. However the dude has had a taste of what its like to be the man, and I don't think he enjoys playing second fiddle. I just pray to God that they don't bring Redman in on the active roster.

Even Jerome Bettis ran out of bounds....

My Mood
    Fight
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTORKRAFT View Post
    Mendenhall needed time to adjust to the pro game, he is still learning. Watch this video (turn the volume down) . If Mendenhall would run like that all of our problems would be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    did you even watch that video? never once did he run just to go out of bounds and when he did go to the sideline he lowered his shoulder until he was forced out. i do not think it was a great move to run OOB against the broncos last night but damn hes not the first to ever do that. all i saw in that video was something to be excited about, a player with the potential to be special. and you saw clips of mendenhall becoming a RB.

trying to get the edge is his style and hes got the speed, theres nothing wrong with that....the video showed me him running behind his pads and having elite vision with some of his cuts
    He NEVER once lowers his shoulder and the one time in the video he did go up the middle he dropped to the ground as soon as he seen a defender. RAY RAY has put the fear of being hit in him. He is an out of bounds guy and that won't ever change, there is a reason he was in Tomlins doghouse because his work ethics and heart.

You see this just like I do but since he is YOUR guy you won't critisize him. He has the talent NO DOUBT but not the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    I'll always be a FWP fan, but I guess I gotta put the team first and say Mendy is the man right now. The line has been absolutely playing solid for him too, which is huge, but when the dude gets to the second level he does seem to make the defenders pay. And he absolutely has that burst.

I know Willie won't be back next year, there is no sense in renewing his contract at this point, unless he gives a huge discount. However the dude has had a taste of what its like to be the man, and I don't think he enjoys playing second fiddle. I just pray to God that they don't bring Redman in on the active roster.

PLEASE show me a clip or tell me a game he(mendy) makes anyone pay and I will shut up. I don't remeber jerome ever going out of bounds except after being winded anyways jerome was a north and south runner he couldn't coward to the OB line. Mendy is like the old C. Benson when goes N and S he drops the first person that touches him. Like I said RAY RAY put the fear into him and we will see it come out when we play them.

--- Added 11/11/2009 at 10:05 AM ---

This is the Mendenhall I thought the Steelers drafted.

He runs the the OB alot but he would cut it back inside to extend the run.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

look 55 second in and 108.....to say hes NEVER lowered his shoulder is ignorant, and to say he will never get better or change is just ****ing retarded...hes just getting going and is no where near at his best. theres not a DB that would say rashard mendenhall is fun to tackle.

and its not because hes "my guy" that i defend him, i just havent seen anything but improvments from him and have no reason to slam him unlike everyone else that expects him to be bettis or peterson and be a reckless, punishing runner. his style of running works fine and his vision is off the charts imo

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post

You and I were the main FWP supporters around here the last couple years, even in the face of all the "parker sucks" talk..LOL. I agree Parker won't be back, there's plenty of teams that will snatch him up to be the main guy for them. You can't help but like what Mendy is doing right now, he's getting more and more confident every week and seeing him hit the hole with authority and being able to see the field better, just makes you realize how special this kid is going to be if he keeps progressing at the rate he has been so far.

I supported FWP more than anyone but Mendenhall is what is best for the Steelers. It will be sad to see FWP go but only because of what he has done in the past for us. But for right now FWP is a good back up to Mendenhall and I'm sure FWP has been helping bring him along as a rookie.

Thread Information