Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If there's any doubt left about Mendenhall, it should be gone

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fight
    He's good when he has the ball protected but he FUMBLES way too much especially in the redzone. He will win some games for us and he might just lose a some for us. HIGH AND TIGHT, HIGH AND TIGHT!!!!!
    And to be honest with you he was going to be a bust until Tomlin put a foot in his arse. Now Coach needs to get him something to hold the ball with, he is fumble prone, reminds me of Thurman Thomas.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Mendy had a great game. Didn't quite understand why he ran out of bounds in the late stages of the fourth quarter rather than lowering a shoulder and plowing that little db over. Would've been nice to keep the clock running at that point.

155 yards against the #3 run D speaks volumes of our Oline and of Mendy's abilities! It's going to be exciting watching him grow in our system.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Awaiting Seven...
    Mendenhall had an outstanding game last night. What impresses me the most about him is his acceleration once he hits the hole. He also did a great job of closing on that final offensive drive in the fourth quarter. My props to Rashard, he played one hell of a game.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydfan4life View Post
    Didn't quite understand why he ran out of bounds in the late stages of the fourth quarter rather than lowering a shoulder and plowing that little db over.
    the altitude may have played a part...he probably lost his breath and decided to end the play instead of try to make something happen in fear he might lose the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblk&gld View Post
    the altitude may have played a part...he probably lost his breath and decided to end the play instead of try to make something happen in fear he might lose the ball
    Yep, the clock kept running too, not sure if they thought he was pushed out???

Quote Originally Posted by lloydfan4life View Post
    Mendy had a great game. Didn't quite understand why he ran out of bounds in the late stages of the fourth quarter rather than lowering a shoulder and plowing that little db over. Would've been nice to keep the clock running at that point.

155 yards against the #3 run D speaks volumes of our Oline and of Mendy's abilities! It's going to be exciting watching him grow in our system.
    THANK YOU... get some stones kid!!! LOL! In all seriousness... i LOVE the way he runs the ball (when there is a whole) BUT i hated watching him run out of bounds TWICE after long runs. He's our guy, and i LOVE it, but that $hit needs to end NOW! If 52 year old Hines Ward is hurdling mugs at the 3 yard line, the Mende can at least, protect himself first and stay in-bounds! Esp. under late in the 4th! But his explosiveness is through the hole... AWE-INSPIRING!

This is what I had hoped for when we drafted him...bAdass...did ya see that last long run?! He took it to yet another level. That last drive, you KNEW he would get it done. When was the last back that made you feel like that
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

My Mood
    Sunshine
    He gets better every week,if only they'd give him more carries.High and tight Rashard high and tight.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

[QUOTE=Blazedby92;316724... good when he has the ball protected but he FUMBLES way too much especially in the redzone...[/QUOTE]
    Imho this team fumbles way too much in The RZ. Now and historically. Too many times I have been reduced to tears in the RZ by a drive ending fumble...bus,ben,ward,fwp,mendy,etc it is the ultimate gut wrencher
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I'm sold and I'll be the first to admit I was downing him and pushing Willie coming into the season. I am happy to be wrong in cases like this. He can easily be the man the next several years if he continues on this path. Gotta love it!!

Thread Information