Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timmons, Kirschke will sit out Monday's game in Denver

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Sunshine

Timmons, Kirschke will sit out Monday's game in Denver

Already highly likely to be without safety Ryan Clark for Monday night's game against Denver, the Steelers will also be missing two more starters on the defensive side of the ball.

Inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons and defensive end Travis Kirschke missed practice for the third consecutive day today and each said after the final tune up before Monday's game that they will not play against the Broncos.

"I am not going to be able to play," said Timmons, who is nursing an ankle injury he suffered two weeks ago against Minnesota.

Kirschke, who already is filling in for the injured Aaron Smith at left end, has a torn left calf muscle that hasn't responded well enough over the past two weeks for him to give it a go Monday.
    Link

Our backups are going to need to bring their a game. What esle can go wrong ?
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Well this should make the game a little more interesting

Shiiiiit

Fox has proven to be a quality backup at ILB...I'm not sure how I feel about having a 3rd string DE in there for containment.

travis out is no big deal....i feel like since smith is out for the year anyway we go into each week with a liability at LDE, eason should do fine....im sure hood will still be in the bench since he sucks

fox will do alright....he always does.

clark is a pussy and wont play so were without 3 defensive starters....i expect alot of carter on run downs and mundy on pass downs.

however im starting eddie royal on my fantasy team this week with confidence....he could have 10 catches against us

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    however im starting eddie royal on my fantasy team this week with confidence....he could have 10 catches against us
    I hate to say it but this very well could be a true statement.... Troy can't cover everyone and I have little faith in the rest of our DB's
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    I hate to say it but this very well could be a true statement.... Troy can't cover everyone and I have little faith in the rest of our DB's
    troy is far from our best cover guy.

little guys like royal and welker kill us over the middle and underneath, same with TEs

Concerning DBs, Troy is by far our best in coverage. You can make a close argument for Ike, but when he plays his bad games, they're really bad.

Please don't say Gay is our best cover guy. He's average at best at his position imho.

troy is not the best in coverage....hes been a liability in coverage since he was in college.

and you say when ike is bad hes realy bad? ive seen troy get burnt or whiff tackles way more than ike

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    troy is not the best in coverage....hes been a liability in coverage since he was in college.

and you say when ike is bad hes realy bad? ive seen troy get burnt or whiff tackles way more than ike
    Remember, Ike was benched because he was getting beat by guys like Matt Jones in 2006.

Liability in coverage? Ha I've seen him compensate for our corner's mistakes by catching up to them w/ his speed.

I know you are a Polamalu hater, but outside of Harrison, he is the best player on our defense.

Thread Information