Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward named NFL's Dirtiest Player

Bookmark and Share

Hines Ward named NFL's Dirtiest Player

Ward, Porter, Haynesworth called NFL's dirtiest

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 3, 2009 2:23 PM ET

A Sports Illustrated poll of NFL players has found that Hines Ward is considered by his colleagues to be the dirtiest player in the league, with Albert Haynesworth and Joey Porter tied for second.

The question, "Who is the dirtiest player in the league?'' was asked of 296 players during training camp this summer, and Ward, the Steelers' wide receiver, got 11.6 percent of the vote, according to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Haynesworth, the Redskins defensive tackle who as a Tennessee Titan in 2006 received a five-game suspension for stepping on the helmetless head of Cowboys center Andre Gurode, got 6 percent of the vote. Porter, the Dolphins' linebacker, also got 6 percent.

Rounding out the Top 5 (or should it be Bottom 5?) are Bengals safety Roy Williams, who got 5.1 percent of the vote, and Titans center Kevin Mawae, with 4.6% percent.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nfls-dirtiest/
    I don't even know what to say to this...it is unfreakingbelievable....maybe I forgot but I don't remember the last time Hines Ward intentionally stomped on any players heltmetless head, or the last time he said he wanted to hurt somebody, or the last time he intentionally lunged at someones knee

I just think it is funny that all of these big defensive players are afraid of a little wide reciever who plays the game the way it's supposed to be played. Stop bitching and grow a pair.

ps. Check out some of the comments....freaking priceless.
    Last edited by Big T; 11-03-2009 at 05:09 PM.

hes like a 4-time winner...and its not unfreakingbelievable....its true. he is. no one said he wasnt smart about it though. Hes a real smart player and walks a fine line with some of his **** but saying hes NOT a dirty player is wrong. sure hes been a good wr, hes a tough guy, hes not even a bad guy....but hes definitely not the cleanest player

Yeah everyone says he is, I don't know because I'm not out there. I find it ironic that Ward "won" this title when he plays a position that many claim is a diva position. Hats of Hines!

Banned
    there are plenty of patriots that could win this

I thought they should have handed out the Pamprin and Tampax for some of those cry babies. I loved the guy that was trying to defend Rodney Harrison.
    Losers will always fear pain.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Nothing dirty about playing the game the way it is supposed to be played. Everyone of the whiners would jump at the chance to have him on their team. Hard, relentless, unmerciful yes, but not dirty, at least in my mind.
    Who cares though, we have him and we'll keep him.

This isn't a surprise at all. The 11.6% who voted for Hines are the same ones who got their bell rung by him!

Keep on hittin' Hines!

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

I think this is great. It lets you know what the other players are thinking about when they play the Steelers!

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    hes like a 4-time winner...and its not unfreakingbelievable....its true. he is. no one said he wasnt smart about it though. Hes a real smart player and walks a fine line with some of his **** but saying hes NOT a dirty player is wrong. sure hes been a good wr, hes a tough guy, hes not even a bad guy....but hes definitely not the cleanest player
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

yeah...just another ignorant, naive steelers fan that things no steeler can do no wrong

Thread Information