Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Clark cleared to play Denver

Bookmark and Share
    Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous. The Steelers cannot allow him to play. He almost died last time he played in Denver. God forbid anything happen to him, but the Steelers will be a disgrace to the NFL if anything does.

Let him sit. A Mundy/Townsend rotation will be alright for this game.

--- Added 11/2/2009 at 01:05 AM ---

It's because Teemont is a ****ing idiot. He could give a **** about Clark dying on the field, but we all know he was crying in bed when his boy Willie Parker stubbed his big toe.
    You really wanna open that can of corn? A ****ing idiot? You think I really give two shits about any of these players health? **** no I dont. They ae paid outrageous amounts of money to entertain me. Outrageous ****ing sums of money. I could be a CEO and make 300 grand a year, and football players would still make outrageous sums of money comapred to me. No sympathy for any of them, they are paid to be on the field on Sunday if they are physically able.

Just b/c you masturbate all over pictures of Rashard Mendenhall does not mean I give a flying **** abotu Willie Parker on any day other than Sundays, don't lump me into your crazy bin of fan-awesomeness.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Him giving his paycheck to charity, or just simply offering to not get paid if he doesn't play is an option to explore, but you also have to consider his contract situation and what, if any, provisions are in it for something like this. This isn't something the NFL deals with every day so it's not like there is past experience to draw on here, atleast not as far as I know.

Clark is a competitor, if he is able to go there is no reason to think he won't. This whole deal isn't so much about if Clark wants to play but if Tomlin should let him or not.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-02-2009 at 09:09 AM.

I can't find the article, but I swore I read that Clark would be docked a game check if he didn't play. I read it last week I think.

It's Clark's call if he plays, HIS call.

"Coach and I have talked about it, the doctors talked about it, my wife and I. We'll figure it out," Clark said in the radio interview. "I'll be there either way. I'll be at the game. When the decision is made, I'll let coach decide when to tell the media and everybody whether or not I'm going to play, and I'm going to kind of stay out of it from that standpoint, but I will make the decision."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09305...#ixzz0ViZT2WI4
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09305/1009907-66.stm
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    This is how the military handles a person with sickle cell:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2197408
    Sickle cell trait and military service.

James CM.
    In the community great efforts have been made to educate those with sickle cell trait that their condition is not a handicap and that they are fit to lead a normal life. It would be seen as a retrograde step for the Armed Forces to imply that they are in some way unfit for normal duties.

The evidence presented demonstrates that with the exception of a small excess risk of sudden unexplained death during training there is no objection to recruiting those with sickle cell trait.

At present those with sickle cell disorders are barred from service in the Marine Commandos and from diving, submarine and aircrew service. On the basis of the evidence presented in this review a case can be made for allowing those with sickle cell trait to enter as aircrew in helicopters but not as pilots.

In view of the requirements for military divers to operate in cold water under stressful conditions the exclusion of those with sickle cell trait is entirely justified.

The overriding requirement must be the safety of both the affected individual and of others and the current regulations reflect this.
    So they don't treat them as though they're handicapped--however, they won't risk that person's life (or anyone else's who may be around them), so they won't put them in certain situations, or require that they do certain jobs. I think the Ryan Clark situation is the same thing. Yes, he's able to play football, but SHOULD he (or should he be expected to) play in situations that might cause him to have life threatening complications? No--not even the military would ask him (or let him) do that.
    Last edited by SteelersWoman; 11-02-2009 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersWoman View Post
    This is how the military handles a person with sickle cell:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2197408
    Sickle cell trait and military service.

James CM.

So they don't treat them as though they're handicapped--however, they won't risk that person's life (or anyone else's who may be around them), so they won't put them in certain situations, or require that they do certain jobs. I think the Ryan Clark situation is the same thing. Yes, he's able to play football, but SHOULD he (or should he be expected to) play in situations that might cause him to have life threatening complications? No--not even the military would ask him (or let him) do that.
    If people in the military was payed half of what Clark is, im guessing the military would see a high raise in applications though :P
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

^true that

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    You think I really give two shits about any of these players health? **** no I dont. .

Of course not, because that's just the kind of guy you are.

So basically what you're telling us is that Ryan Clarks life is expendible because you pay good money to be entertained by him on Sundays?

I think your posts are for nothing more than shock value. Nobody can be as cold hearted as you want us to believe you are.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydfan4life View Post
    Of course not, because that's just the kind of guy you are.

So basically what you're telling us is that Ryan Clarks life is expendible because you pay good money to be entertained by him on Sundays?

I think your posts are for nothing more than shock value. Nobody can be as cold hearted as you want us to believe you are.
    No its not expendable b/c of how much I pay to see him play, it is b/c of how much he gets paid to play. Millions of dollars to play a game.

You think Ryan Clark would give a **** if sickle cell got in the way to perform your job? I doubt it, I also doubt he would give a **** about it getting in the way to do my job. Would it be a tragedy if he died on the field? Sure...it would be, and honestly it would suck. If its the altitude thats gonna kill him then how does the guy fly anywhere? Why isn't he bussed to every game. The doctors have cleared him, he can play, he should play. If the doctors said, "No you will die if you step on the field and run around dropping interceptions," Then keep him off the field...but they cleared him to pay, Dr's who will be held liable and get their asses sued off if they were wrong.

SteelersWoman, if I had sickle cell, the Air Force would make sure I got my flight pay taken away from me, since I wouldnt be able to do my flight duties. the same should happen to Clark. If he can't play, he shouldn't get no pay.

I agree that if he doesn't play he shouldn't get paid. I don't know that this has even been a topic up for debate.

The bottom line is, whatever decision Ryan makes I hope he makes the one that is right for him. If that means he doesn't play, I support that. If he plays I pray that he stays healthy and I wish him the best.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Thread Information