Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: Ryan Clark cleared to play Denver

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    Rookie Free Agent tuggysteel822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    100
    Thats true they get paid a lot, but it's an entertainment business, death shouldn't be something we should be looking at in football. Just my opinion.

  2. #12
    Starter SteelCityKid5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,319
    You're an idiot if you say you don't care if he dies? What kind of person are you? Your basing your whole argument on "these guys". And when you say "these guys" I'm guessing your talking about professional athletes or pro football players? His situation is a complete exception from all the other injuries the league. Clark lost his spleen and gall bladder in separate surgeries after the sickle-cell trait caused oxygen deprivation to several major organs during the Steelers' game at Denver in 2007. This isn't a "suck it up" injury, it's a disease. He can't suck it up, it's something he has to deal with and suffer from. And if it is a job in the context of your argument, then thousands apon thousands of people wouldnt be paying money to watch these men just do their job. No one is paying to watch an average joe do his work. They pay to see these men play a game and be entertained. And if no one makes him do it, then how is it his job? He could be a soldier but he's not so that's completely irrelevant.

  3. #13
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    5,835
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    When you get paid as much as these dudes get paid its not a game...it's a job. I have no sympathy for any of these players when it comes to being injured and almost dying. It's his line of work, no one makes him do it. He could be a soldier and then it would be expected of him to die.

    he needs to suck it up and play, if they got paid like normal people, I would be all for better protetion for these guys, but they get paid way too much
    Are you ****ing kidding me bro? he has a blood disease. This has nothing to do with "getting injured and almost dying." this is non-work related. It has nothing to do with maybe his knee hurting and he doesnt know if he can stand the pain. Its a ****ing life-threatening disease. It's not a common hazard for his line of work.

    In a "normal" job, if you get sick or have a disease that may cause you to not be able to do your job and possibly end your life, you get the necessary time off. Next time you miss a day of work because you have a tummy ache, remember your post. "He could be a soldier and then it would be expected of him to die", well guess what dumbass? he's not, and its not in his job discription to risk his life in matters in which he can control.

    No matter how much someone makes, a life is a life and no "job" or "game" is worth risking your life. I cant believe Im actually wasting my time replying to your idiotic and ignorant post.

  4. #14
    Reppin' 724
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC- But from Beaver Falls, PA
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    You're an idiot if you say you don't care if he dies? What kind of person are you? Your basing your whole argument on "these guys". And when you say "these guys" I'm guessing your talking about professional athletes or pro football players? His situation is a complete exception from all the other injuries the league. Clark lost his spleen and gall bladder in separate surgeries after the sickle-cell trait caused oxygen deprivation to several major organs during the Steelers' game at Denver in 2007. This isn't a "suck it up" injury, it's a disease. He can't suck it up, it's something he has to deal with and suffer from. And if it is a job in the context of your argument, then thousands apon thousands of people wouldnt be paying money to watch these men just do their job. No one is paying to watch an average joe do his work. They pay to see these men play a game and be entertained. And if no one makes him do it, then how is it his job? He could be a soldier but he's not so that's completely irrelevant.
    You think Ryan Clark would care if an average joe died doing his job?

    No one makes you do what you do to earn money, but it's still your job. I don't care if someone is making money shooting ogly girls on video and then putting it online. It's still a job, and it's what he get paid to do. We pay a **** ton of money to see them play, and we deserve what we pay for. If he can play, he should play. If he doesn't play due to a non-football injury then he shouldn't get a paycheck, simple as that. I really don't have any sympathy at all for football player or any professional atheletes these days.

    If the dude can't go he should donate his check to a Sickle Cell charity.

    --- Added 11/1/2009 at 07:39 PM ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Are you ****ing kidding me bro? he has a blood disease. This has nothing to do with "getting injured and almost dying." this is non-work related. It has nothing to do with maybe his knee hurting and he doesnt know if he can stand the pain. Its a ****ing life-threatening disease. It's not a common hazard for his line of work.

    In a "normal" job, if you get sick or have a disease that may cause you to not be able to do your job and possibly end your life, you get the necessary time off. Next time you miss a day of work because you have a tummy ache, remember your post. "He could be a soldier and then it would be expected of him to die", well guess what dumbass? he's not, and its not in his job discription to risk his life in matters in which he can control.

    No matter how much someone makes, a life is a life and no "job" or "game" is worth risking your life. I cant believe Im actually wasting my time replying to your idiotic and ignorant post.
    first of all I'm not your bro. Second of all I don't get to miss work due to "tummy aches". I'm not in high school anymore. I deploy and guess what, no one misses work over there, or over here for that matter. I have zero sympathy for him, zero. If he can't play, he shouldnt get paid for the game, simple as that.

  5. #15
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,258
    he should not be a pussy and play if the doctors say he can

  6. #16
    Starter steelcitysfinestXL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    1,487
    If the team lets him play... He'll play, so all this talk is not needed! All you people blasting TEE for saying what he said need to realize: you chose to join a forum where people are gonna say things you dont agree with!!!

    I personally want to see him play! This is a challenge for him! He said it wasnt about beating the Broncos, it was about going back and playing at Mile High (Invesco whatever) and proving to himself he COULD do it! I bet if he does play he'll be a man posessed!

  7. #17
    Starter SteelCityKid5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,319
    No, I can take two sides of an argument. But to say he's a pussy for not playing to me is absurd. I would understand if it was a finger injury. But I just don't see how teemont would be perfectly fine if during or after the game ryan clark dies just for playing one regular season football game. Because this is what that is. I can see where your coming from for regular injuries but this is abnormal. Again, I could agree if we were talking about someone with a wrist injury and not playing. But to have a condition to where you can die from it and you have a chance to prevent it from even happening, I think your insane to be fine with it. These are my opinions, I understand your not going to agree with them but I just don't understand your logic, when you compare him to being a soldier and shooting ugly girls on the internet for a job? If that's your example, maybe your just twisted, I honestly don't know.

  8. #18
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    5,835
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    No, I can take two sides of an argument. But to say he's a pussy for not playing to me is absurd. I would understand if it was a finger injury. But I just don't see how teemont would be perfectly fine if during or after the game ryan clark dies just for playing one regular season football game. Because this is what that is. I can see where your coming from for regular injuries but this is abnormal. Again, I could agree if we were talking about someone with a wrist injury and not playing. But to have a condition to where you can die from it and you have a chance to prevent it from even happening, I think your insane to be fine with it. These are my opinions, I understand your not going to agree with them but I just don't understand your logic, when you compare him to being a soldier and shooting ugly girls on the internet for a job? If that's your example, maybe your just twisted, I honestly don't know.

  9. #19
    Veteran DanRooney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,126
    Absolutely ridiculous. The Steelers cannot allow him to play. He almost died last time he played in Denver. God forbid anything happen to him, but the Steelers will be a disgrace to the NFL if anything does.

    Let him sit. A Mundy/Townsend rotation will be alright for this game.

    --- Added 11/2/2009 at 01:05 AM ---

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    No, I can take two sides of an argument. But to say he's a pussy for not playing to me is absurd. I would understand if it was a finger injury. But I just don't see how teemont would be perfectly fine if during or after the game ryan clark dies just for playing one regular season football game. Because this is what that is. I can see where your coming from for regular injuries but this is abnormal. Again, I could agree if we were talking about someone with a wrist injury and not playing. But to have a condition to where you can die from it and you have a chance to prevent it from even happening, I think your insane to be fine with it. These are my opinions, I understand your not going to agree with them but I just don't understand your logic, when you compare him to being a soldier and shooting ugly girls on the internet for a job? If that's your example, maybe your just twisted, I honestly don't know.
    It's because Teemont is a ****ing idiot. He could give a **** about Clark dying on the field, but we all know he was crying in bed when his boy Willie Parker stubbed his big toe.

  10. #20
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,132
    If he can play, well play him, however, Tomlin has shown us plenty of times that he'll bench a player who is not 100% focused on the task ahead, which Clark obviously is not - which is why i believe he will not play, but it'll be coaches decision, not Clarks.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Anthony Smith or Ryan Clark
    By K Train in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 12:43 PM
  2. Training Camp: Clark locked in competition again
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 09:25 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 01:34 PM
  4. Clark No. 1, but for how long?
    By DIESELMAN in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 12:15 PM
  5. Starks & Ryan Clark out for Bengals game
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-27-2006, 09:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •