Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wallace making most of opportunity

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Sunshine

Wallace making most of opportunity

From the beginning, Wallace did everything right. He learned the Steelers' complicated offense. He watched veterans Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes -- each a Super Bowl MVP -- to see how they carried themselves and went about their business. He did his work and kept his mouth shut, the way all rookies should, especially on a Super Bowl team. He caught just about everything thrown to him. He stayed out of trouble. He limited his splash plays to the field instead of taking them to parking lots outside of bars. He didn't tussle with any cops.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09300...#ixzz0V8YMWUQ9
    The Steelers hit paydirt with this kid,he's a great story.

Which brings me to Limas Sweed. The guy has talent,he runs good routes and always gets open,why can't he catch the ball. We have time to work with him as I'm sure Ward has another year or two.

What I don't want to see is the Steelers using another draft pick on a reciever,we have some games coming up against Kansas City,Oakland and Cleveland, were I think they could let Sweed play and build some confidence.

Any thoughts ?
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Sweed will be needed this year! Don't count him out yet!

Where can I buy his jersey? Wallace is badass!
    Last edited by LatrobePA; 10-27-2009 at 08:34 AM.

Like Wallace's work ethic,attitude,good hands and awareness.With Hines,Miller,and Holmes helping he will only get even better.Oh and don't forget kids,SPEED KILLS!

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    The Steelers hit paydirt with this kid,he's a great story.

Which brings me to Limas Sweed. The guy has talent,he runs good routes and always gets open,why can't he catch the ball. We have time to work with him as I'm sure Ward has another year or two.

What I don't want to see is the Steelers using another draft pick on a reciever,we have some games coming up against Kansas City,Oakland and Cleveland, were I think they could let Sweed play and build some confidence.

Any thoughts ?
    Id love to see Sweed get some snaps against those teams, but i think Tomlin too focused on winning to swap Sweed into a game now - I Tomlins mind, he had his chance and he blew it. I think, by now, its clear that Tomlin does not tolerate mistakes, and Sweed made one too many. I wouldnt be surpriced if we didnt see him at all untill next year, like it or not
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Draft Pick
    Got to give him credit, he actually catches the ball and holds onto it. Something that can't be said for Dumbass Sweed.

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Id love to see Sweed get some snaps against those teams, but i think Tomlin too focused on winning to swap Sweed into a game now - I Tomlins mind, he had his chance and he blew it. I think, by now, its clear that Tomlin does not tolerate mistakes, and Sweed made one too many. I wouldnt be surpriced if we didnt see him at all untill next year, like it or not
    Limas will get more chances this year....Tomlin said it himself when he demoted him....he said that Limas had opportunities and didn't take adantage and next time he better. I still have faith in him. They just need to get him involved early...give him small, easy routes to get a catch or two to build his confidence then try longer things. He can play in this league, he knows it and so do I.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm not gonna give up on Sweed yet either, but he has to take advantage of the opportunities he has ,it's all on him to make it or not, Wallace on the other hand was a STEAL in the 3rd round, if Sweed get's it together this wide reciever tandum will be one of the best in the league for years to come.............I hope Sweed get's it together soon

wallace is exactly what al davis was hoping darius heyward-bey would be at #7 overall

Some players take longer to develop, and I guess Sweed is one of them. I think Coach T knows there is potential in him, but right now he can't take the chance on him in crucial game situations.

Meanwhile, Wallace GETS IT! He is proving himself every week! I told one of my fellow fans watching the game with me that if he keeps up this level of play I'm buying a Wallace jersey! LOL.
    "Commitment to the team - there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in or you're out."-Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    wallace is exactly what al davis was hoping darius heyward-bey would be at #7 overall
    Ha thats exactly what I said to this Raiders fan the other day.

Thread Information