Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did not like the offensive gameplan today at all

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Did not like the offensive gameplan today at all

Ok,

You have defense that is ranked 26th in the league vs the pass, and their best secondary player is out, how in the world do you not go after them??!! I don't care if they are expecting you too, I don't care what you have in mind to do, you go after that weakness on their team and expose it and Arians was having none of that today?

This is what drives me nuts; you have a QB that is on fire and weapons that can take it the house anytime but you don't use them on a day when you should more than ever!!! You know the Vikings are stoudt against the run, they have a good pass rush, so why not use an up tempo offense and go down field?!!! Seriously does this not make sense to everyone else??!!! Use the hurry up offense, keep the pace up all day long on the defense and wear them out, but instead we'd rather not try the obvious and go after their secondary.

I'm usually pretty OK with the gameplan each week, save for a few stupid calls here in and there but this one really makes me wonder.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 10-25-2009 at 05:44 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Even the FOX commentators were questioning why Ben wasn't going after that secondary today. I really hope they bring this up in the post game press conferences and interviews because I'd be real interested in what made them go with this game plan when they had easy pickings staring them in the face.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Ok,

You have defense that is ranked 26th in the league vs the pass, and their best secondary player is out, how in the world do you not go after them??!! I don't care if they are expecting you too, I don't care what you have in mind to do, you go after that weakness on their team and expose it and Arians was having none of that today?

This is what drives me nuts; you have a QB that is on fire and weapons that can take it the house anytime but you don't use them on a day when you should more than ever!!! You know the Vikings are stoudt against the run, they have a good pass rush, so why not use an up tempo offense and go down field?!!! Seriously does this not make sense to everyone else??!!! Use the hurry up offense, keep the pace up all day long on the defense and wear them out, but instead we'd rather not try the obvious and go after their secondary.
    No doubt TOP....We all talked about this before the game, especially Arians not trying to be cute. I was telling guys here at work that Ben is going to light up their secondary. Oh well its a win, maybe one day Tomlin will start scratching his head and wonder the same **** we do.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Sunshine
    we're stuck Ariens as our OC, think back to last week, the Browns suck against the run so we passed. Go figure.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    .... the Browns suck against the run so we passed. Go figure.
    Between that and the strange play calling against the Vikes, maybe BA is planning on keeping upcoming opps not really knowing WHAT it's gonna be. If so, might be a good plan...it's either that, or he just doesn't know what the heck he's doin, and we've just been playin good enough to get the win anyway lol

Pressure, Pressure, Pressure!!! Ben didn't have time to throw it deep. He was trying. The one drive that he was actually attacking the D deep, before that half, the D was only bringing 3 or 4 at a time. Ben had time during that drive amd what happened? He tore up the D and scored a long TD. Our O line couldn't handle the best D Line in the league. I'm not worried.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    The playcalling once again in the red zone today was absolutely horrific. It's almost as if once they get down there they get stupid and dont want to score on purpose...I especially hated the series to start the 3rd when they had first and goal at the 10 and probably called 3 of the worst plays you will ever see in your life...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We've been money in the red zone all year long, one of the best seasons so far with our TD percentage inside the 20 but man today Arians took a step back to stupidland again. How does Tomlin not tell him, "look dude, their secondary blows, so go after it". You know they had to be scratching their heads too just waiting for us to attack them.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    once again BA is our own worst enemy...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Week in and week out, same ole crap! Nothing will change unless BA gets smashed by a train!

Thread Information