Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keys To Viking Game

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Keys To Viking Game

Our best defense will be a potent offense. Minnesota's defense is ranked 18th overall, 24th against the pass, and 9th against the run. We have the 5th best offense and the 3rd best defense. The best way to neutralize AP is to get a lead and force Brett Favre to beat us with his arm. I believe this game will be a shootout and I also believe that Ben has more weapons to spread the ball around to. The pass rush will be a factor for both teams and the team that applies the greater pressure to the quarterback will probably win this game.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

the 12th man will be key! Get loud Pittsburg!

I personally think this will be our best game of the year (it has to be)!!

My Mood
    Impatient
    I agree, and this will be THE test of our OLine, I think they have improved greatly and this Sunday will be the true test. If they perform well against the Vikings Dline, then they are for real. Also, Favre will just start throwing the ball and try and make plays that arent there, especially if he isnt given much time. Our pash rush will have to get to him early.

This is a big game, AD has to be stopped, so we can force Favre to throw more then he wants and knowing Favre, this will result in turnovers. I have a lot of confidence in the rush D even without Aaron Smith that AD can be stopped.

The other key to winning is the Steelers O-line vs Jared Allen and the Vikings D-line. Allen cannot be allowed to get to the QB, he has been a monster this year with sacks and forced fumbles.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Our best defense will be a potent offense. Minnesota's defense is ranked 18th overall, 24th against the pass, and 9th against the run. We have the 5th best offense and the 3rd best defense. The best way to neutralize AP is to get a lead and force Brett Favre to beat us with his arm. I believe this game will be a shootout and I also believe that Ben has more weapons to spread the ball around to. The pass rush will be a factor for both teams and the team that applies the greater pressure to the quarterback will probably win this game.
    I agree i believe i posted something yesterday stating that we have to spread the Vikings out an with Mendenhall we can use him to run draws, delays an screens, I really believe we will win this game in a big way ,we have a habit of playing great against teams we don't play alot

Playing the Vikings at home is the best advantage the Steelers have. We need to capitalize on that and play with everything we have. One huge game against the Vikings and we can go into the bye week and heal up for the rest of the season. If we can keep Jeff Reed out of jail long enough I think we will do just fine. Jeff is good but I don't think he can put one through the uprights from the county joint way up river.

Mendenhall needs to start and play most (if not all) of the game. He does a MUCH better job picking up the blitz than Parker does! Plus Mendenhall can catch the ball out of the backfield and everyone won't be shocked when he does.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan11 View Post
    Mendenhall needs to start and play most (if not all) of the game. He does a MUCH better job picking up the blitz than Parker does! Plus Mendenhall can catch the ball out of the backfield and everyone won't be shocked when he does.
    Mendenhall needs to get 100+ yards

The Vikings are +8 in TO ratio. We are -4. That is why they are 6-0

and we are 4-2. we need to play a clean game and the win will come.

My Mood
    Chatty
    My worry is Farve is quite acurate even in mass defensive coverage. I'm worried because i've seen it several times in the Bears, Lions and even the Browns game that their receivers are WIDE open down the field and it turns into a big 3rd down gain for our opponents, I"ve seen us burnt in all of those games over and over.

We must stuff AP 100%. I think we will be ok even with Smith being gone. Looked pretty good yesterday even though it was the Browns but I think we will have a good chance at stopping AP...Just worried more about the pass of Farve than anything but he will look brilliant for awhile then crash and burn......hopefully!

This will be one of our toughest games all season.
    Last edited by TampaSteelGirl; 10-19-2009 at 03:44 PM.

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

AP will be slowed a bit by his "full body soreness" and to boot his ankle injury. No doubt he'll start, but may not be 100%.

Thread Information