Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A letter to the Cleveland Browns

Bookmark and Share
    Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel

A letter to the Cleveland Browns

Dear Cleveland Browns,

We are writing to you to express our concerns and frustration.

There was a time when Steelers-Browns week was circled on everyoneís calendar. Beating the Browns meant more than any other victory (except the Super Bowl, of course). It was kind of like Michigan beating Ohio State, or USC beating UCLA. There were bragging rights involved.

But now, that is no longer the case. The Steelers have beaten the Browns so many consecutive times that everyone here in Pittsburgh has lost count. How many times has it been? 11? 15? 30? 50? I canít even remember how many times weíve beaten you, but I know it is too many.

Once upon a time, Steelers versus Browns was an epic battle on the scale of the Sharks versus the Jets. Nowadays, it is more analogous to sharks versus seals. And the Browns are the seals. They are little more than snacks for the hungry Steelers.

Iím going to let you in on a little secret. We really WANT you to beat us. No, Iím not joking. Itís true.

In the overall history of the series between the Steelers and the Browns, the Steelers lead 59-55. Thatís pretty close. You have beaten us almost as many times as we have beaten you. That is what made the series great. Each time we played, the game was important. We knew that any time we stepped onto the field with the Browns, we could leave the game with a loss.

Even in the 70ís when we were the most dominant team of the decade, the Browns were an opponent that we could never take lightly. Fans in Pittsburgh may have hated the Browns, but we always had to respect them.

That is why we are concerned about the current state of the Browns. You are not upholding your end of the deal. We want you to be better. We really do.

Sure, it was fun beating you the first 5 times in a row. But after 11 straight wins, itís getting rather monotonous.

We want you to beat us. And while youíre at it, beat the Ravens and the Bengals a few times. You see, if you were able to do that, it would be good for everyone.

The Cincinnati Bengals seem to have shed their losing ways, and currently sit atop the AFC North. The Steelers and Ravens are always competitive. It is only the Browns that are holding the AFC North back. If the Browns were better, the AFC North would undoubtedly be the most competitive division in the NFL. Iím sick of hearing NFL analysts brag about how tough the NFC East is. I want the AFC North to be king. And you are preventing that from happening.

The sad part is that you have the best fans in the NFL outside of Western Pennsylvania. You have no idea how much I hate verbalizing that, but itís true. The fans in Cleveland are tremendous. They deserve better than what you are giving them.

That is why we make this collective plea. Please beat us. We want you to beat us. No, we NEED you to beat us. Just donít do it this week. We still have ground that we need to make up on the Cincinnati Bengals.

Sincerely,
    Pittsburgh
    Linkto story

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    WOW
    That was a difficult letter to put pen to (cyber)paper, but it seems to be sincere and honest in its evaluation.
    To make the RIVALRY more even, the browns have to get a few wins once in a while....
    As of now, it's the same rivalry that a hammer has with a nail... (FYI CLEV=Nail)
    IF you cannot beat us, at least try to beat balt or cinn. better luck next year against us!
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    this letter is in a way very true, the old days this game was it, however since the old browns team went to bmore there has been no rival between us and them. I do look forward to the days when this game does mean something again myself. Living in Ohio it really is no fun because all browns fans are well hiding. I like the old days the days when this game was well a game and not just another sunday.

Rookie Free Agent Black n Gold Panties's Avatar
    Dear Cleveland Fans,
    If I'm going to sit out in the rain and snow on Sunday to watch you get your asses beat (again) please at least put up a fight. Last year you lost 31-0 and I wasn't too pissed because it was my first game and the weather was kinda nice. BUT..you guys were so dpressed about it all you did was hang your heads in shame as you made that Long long walk back to your cars. If I'm going to freeze my *** off to watch you guys put on another pathetic show, I think you owe each and every one of us in the stands a drink. OR just freaking stay home and sell us your tickets.
    You will pry my towel from my cold dead hands

Quote Originally Posted by Black n Gold Panties View Post
    Dear Cleveland Fans,
    If I'm going to sit out in the rain and snow on Sunday to watch you get your asses beat (again) please at least put up a fight. Last year you lost 31-0 and I wasn't too pissed because it was my first game and the weather was kinda nice. BUT..you guys were so dpressed about it all you did was hang your heads in shame as you made that Long long walk back to your cars. If I'm going to freeze my *** off to watch you guys put on another pathetic show, I think you owe each and every one of us in the stands a drink. OR just freaking stay home and sell us your tickets.
    I was there too haha

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I was there too haha
    Thats awesome, I was there as well.

me too! I then got a video interview with the post gazette after!

I wasn't there but I did suffer through the boredom with the rest of you while watching it on TV. I agree with the article. Either put up a fight and play the game or ask your owner to sell you to an owner who can afford some players who can put up a fight. We will make you a deal on FWP...he may have a year left in him.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Good article except this part:

The sad part is that you have the best fans in the NFL outside of Western Pennsylvania. You have no idea how much I hate verbalizing that, but it’s true. The fans in Cleveland are tremendous. They deserve better than what you are giving them.

Best fans outside of W Pa.? Bullshit.

I'm A "Champion"

Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.
    I don't want to see a "good game". At this point, the Steelers need to destroy somebody, this game is important, Pittsburgh needs to get off the snide in the AFC north. I live in Ohio and it's great to not have to hear the Browns fan's barking and all their other BS. The Steelers have beat the orange and brown out of these people over the years and I say let's keep it that way.

Thread Information