Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arians, Roethlisberger make winning pair for Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Whisenhunt had too much of Cowher in him to ever let Ben flourish the way Tomlin has, that's for sure. I'm with you on Arians, every week he does something that pisses me off, most Sundays more than 1 thing, but he also deserves credit too.

Bruce is always going to be the type of coordinator that will makes mistakes during the game, he'll try too much, try too hard, or get too greedy. He would rather push the envelope than continue to do what works and sometimes that costs us games, sometimes it costs us a first down, but this is what you get with him. For as much as he drives us nuts he also knows how to let Ben be Ben and he designs the offense around his strengths. He deserves as much credit as blame.
    Top I must say I think Bruce Arians has done a much better job with his play calling this year......I think the execution by the players has let him down mostly this year......At times last year it was both......

I have been very happy with BA this year......the more time this offense unit and BA spend together the better they will become........The Steelers offense is getting closer to becoming a top NFL unit......

My Mood
    jets-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Top I must say I think Bruce Arians has done a much better job with his play calling this year......I think the execution by the players has let him down mostly this year......At times last year it was both......

I have been very happy with BA this year......the more time this offense unit and BA spend together the better they will become........The Steelers offense is getting closer to becoming a top NFL unit......
    I think he has as well done a better job this year with his play calling. In particular in the red zone. This offense just looks like it has so much more flow and rythem this season then it did last year. Plus, the offensive line has been playing very good the first 5 games of the season especially in pass protection. The sacks on Ben are way down from a year ago and Ben just looks so much more relaxed and confident running the offense and calling the plays then he did so a year ago. Also, I believe that the addition of a guy like Mike Wallace being able to stretch the field the way he can has made this offense that more potent and that more dangerous. Im with you 32 when this offense under Ben is clicking on all cylinders much like it was for most of the San Diego game a few weeks ago they are one of the best offenses in football and are very very hard to slow down...

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post

I agree Execution and fundamentals by the players are a big part of the play calling by Arians. Plus the players, especially Ben have to believe in the game plan for the game. No injuries and time to gel have helped the OL a hell of a lot. All they needed was time to get used to each other and how each one plays. By playoff time, we will be hitting on all cylinders and be ready to take on anyone.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information