Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are the Bengals now the team to beat in the AFC North??

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    panthers-hater

Are the Bengals now the team to beat in the AFC North??

Say what you want about the Bengals and how they are winning games in the last possible minute and seconds but the bottom line is right now they are finding ways to win games and not lose them like they had been doing for so many years in the past. The Bengals after the win today over the Ravens are now 3-0 in the division and have two wins on the road in the division over the Ravens and the Browns last week. That Bengals loss the Steelers suffered a few weeks ago is really looming large now when it comes down to tiebrakers later on in the year seeing that the Bengals have played 3 games in the division and won them all and 2 of them on the road. The Steelers have played one division game and lost it. Now with the Bengals playing their next 3 games at home against the Texans,Bears,and Ravens and not having to go on the road for another 5 weeks until they play the Steelers here at Heinz Field it really sets the Bengals up to possibly keep winning up until that Steelers game at Heinz Field on November 15th. So I have to ask everybody on here now is everybody more worried about the Bengals now instead of the Ravens?? Especially since the Steelers already lost to them and are down a tiebraker in the division?? I am and Im not. Im not because the Steelers pretty much totally dominated the Bengals until the 4th quarter collapse. The offense just failed to finish drives including the Limas Sweed drop which would have put the game away.

Nonetheless, the Bengals are where they are now at 4-1. And with the Ravens having to go play at now 5-0 Minnesota next week they could be staring hard at 3 losses in a row and a 3-3 record. The Bengals play the Texans at home who are as up and down as they come so who knows how that game is going to turn out. The bottom line is though it's officially time to start worrying about the Bengals in this division and consider them a major player with the Ravens because they continue to keep winning and arent going away anytime soon. The Steelers are going to have to keep winning games and try and stay tied with the Bengals or at least a game behind them going into that game with them here at Heinz Field on November 15th. With the unexpected upset of the Ravens today by the Bengals it's going to make that game here with Cincy in November even more important to win seeing that the Bengals are already 3-0 in the division and the Steelers have yet to win a game in the division.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Yes, they are the team to beat right now. I'm not sold on them but they have done what it takes to win the games that count.

All the Steelers need to do is take care of their own business and it won't matter what Cincy does.

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    Clowns
    The game against the Stains next week is a MUST WIN!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Being that it's week 5 in the NFL season I don't see that there is any team to beat anywhere in the NFL. Sure there's teams that are playing well, teams that are finding ways to win, teams that are up in the air week to week, but that's how it goes early on. There is no team to beat, IMO, until after the midway point of the season and then you really start to see who is gaining momentum, how is tailing off, who's peaked already, etc.

Right now though, yes the Bungals are finding ways to win football games and that's something nobody is used to seeing so give them credit. Nobody in their right mind is handing them the division just yet but clearly at this point they are playing well enough to win and gain confidence along the way, so we need to take care of business on our end and see how things shake out when they come to down.

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    Yes, they are the team to beat right now. I'm not sold on them but they have done what it takes to win the games that count.

All the Steelers need to do is take care of their own business and it won't matter what Cincy does.
    Youre right but it still doesnt change the fact that the Steelers have already lost a tiebraker to the Bengals and the way the Bengals schedule sets up here until late November December the Steelers really cant afford to drop too many more games and fall another game behind the Bengals. It was good to see the Stains get off the hook today and get a win in Buffalo. I didnt want them coming in here winless. The Steelers should be able to take care of the Browns at home without much of a problem. The Vikings and the Broncos games before the Bengals game here in mid November are games that the Steelers are going to need to win to keep pace with the Bengals until that game occurs. As I mentioned the Bengals have games with Houston,Chicago,and Baltimore at home the next 3 weeks with a bye sandwiched in the middle. The Bengals schedule at the end of the season has them going on the road 3 of the last 4 weeks at San Diego,at Minnesota,and at the Jets which will not be easy and is what ultimately could hurt the Bengals when all is said and done. The Steelers just need to keep pace with them and beat them here in November and they should be fine. The Steelers with the way the Bengals are playing and finding ways to win these games cannot afford to drop another game to the Bengals in the division.

NO their luck will run out.....Like the Ravens!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Draft Pick
    Im not too worried about the Bengals just yet ... after throwing up a little LOL i was pulling for the Bengals today ... they have been really lucky in their wins as of late and will no doubt find a way to shoot themselves in the foot down the road whereas the Ravens may not.

As far as the tiebreaker goes... most years since Ben has been around we have split our games with the Bengals .. usually us winning there and them winning in Pitt ... so this year I'm looking at it as just a reversal of that .. I will worry more if they somehow beat us in Pittsburgh...

Right now .. it's week 5 ... I'm just going to hope we keep winning .. and taking care of our own business....

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Forged in Steel View Post
    The game against the Stains next week is a MUST WIN!

And the way we played against the Lions today, it will not be easy. Next weeks game probably comes down to a late FG kick by Reed.

I'm A "Champion"

The Bengals are the leaders thus far, but will choke when it comes down to the end.
    remember, we were kicking the crap outta them and blew it!!!! Baltimore is soft and Cincinnati is just getting by. We're slowly starting to find our way back to Steeler football. I honestly see us losing only three more games.
    The past was great, but the present is even greater.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    And the way we played against the Lions today, it will not be easy. Next weeks game probably comes down to a late FG kick by Reed.

Maybe there is still some room on another teams wagon. Yeah, the Steelers always struggle against the stains. You're pathetic!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Thread Information