Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dullard Dick Finally Makes an Adjustment

Bookmark and Share

Dullard Dick Finally Makes an Adjustment

...kind of. After allowing another disgusting touchdown by letting Keiwan Ratboy on the field (obviously clueless on what to do about the safety situation), LeBeau finally gives the Detroit defense a different look by sending 2 consecutive corner blitzes. It's obvious at this point that Lamarr Gildong cannot get to the QB by himself, so sending Willie Gay both times forced Culpepper to step up right into his arms. Both (or 1.5) of his sacks came as a result of pressure from the corners. Good job by Lebeau on the last drive...finally.

Great pressure by the D, really all game, but that last drive was beautiful. I was sitting there yelling, wondering why the hell they kept putting Keiwan in man coverage. he is not good. They were attacking the middle of the field so I feel really confident that our D will be so much better when Troy comes back.

My Mood
    Clowns
    I agree Ratliff has just been horrific in coverage in both the Bengals game and today against Detroit. There is no doubt that once Troy gets back there in the secondary this defense and coverage back there will be much improved. Expect to see Troy sit out one more week and be back in time for the Vikings game in 2 weeks...

Reppin' 724
    man...ur nicknames are just so awesome...I dunno what to do with myself

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I agree Ratliff has just been horrific in coverage in both the Bengals game and today against Detroit. There is no doubt that once Troy gets back there in the secondary this defense and coverage back there will be much improved. Expect to see Troy sit out one more week and be back in time for the Vikings game in 2 weeks...
    Ive said this once, and i'll go ahead and say it again: You do not want to start a rusty Polamalu against Favre. He'll pick him apart. Yes, a rusty troy is still better than Ratliff or Carter, but you want Troy to have some playing time under the skin before he match up against Farve...
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm quite certain Lebeau hasn't just decided to sit back in a cover 2 and let the defenses pick his schemes apart on purpose here people. It's a matter of execution on the players part, Lebeau knows what he's doing but the players are not executing in the 2nd half like they are in the first half.

Whatever the reason's are for the team to go to sleep in the 4th quarter are up for debate but I'm pretty certain Lebeau knows what he's doing.

Before the Lions took the first snap down deep in our territory (before the 1st sack), it was said on the radio that the Detroit Lions mascot was stomping on the Terrible Towel.... 3 plays = 3 sacks .... I'm not saying, I'm just saying... unreal.. do not step on the towel

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Really, come on. He goes from HOF hype to bum? Give me a break. It's all about execution and we are for sure not executing. Lebeau is still one of the best in the game.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I'm quite certain Lebeau hasn't just decided to sit back in a cover 2 and let the defenses pick his schemes apart on purpose here people. It's a matter of execution on the players part, Lebeau knows what he's doing but the players are not executing in the 2nd half like they are in the first half.

Whatever the reason's are for the team to go to sleep in the 4th quarter are up for debate but I'm pretty certain Lebeau knows what he's doing.
    He does, but the players have no clue.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    These players didn't suddenly get stupid either, they know what they are supposed to do. When it comes down a question of player execution or play calling, on the defensive side of the ball, you side with Lebeau everytime. The man is a HOF, one of the greatest defensive minds in league history, period! If there's anyone that want on your side making the calls in the most crucial part of the game, it's him.

Thread Information