Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There is no doubt now, Mendenhall should be starting

Bookmark and Share
    Reppin' 724
    Yeah...Mendenhall should be the starter. But in Willie's defense, the D's we have played the last two weeks have been less than stellar.

I fully expect typical fans to start busting Mendy's chops when he has a game with less than 4 YPC.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    Yeah...Mendenhall should be the starter. But in Willie's defense, the D's we have played the last two weeks have been less than stellar.

I fully expect typical fans to start busting Mendy's chops when he has a game with less than 4 YPC.
    To me it's the way he is running and not just the yards Tee. Parker just didn't look to have it this year. Was slow making decisions, was slow hitting the hole and was even slow taking it to the outside. Mendenhall really looks to be hitting things hard which includes hitting the D in the mouth.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post

Dude, how long are you going to ride Parkers' jock to you realize the guy's a bum and will continue to waste air and breathe playing on this team.
    You compare what Mendenhall has done these past to weeks to what you call Below Steller D's but what the hell did Parker do the first three games he played? You saying they were better, same or what? Mendy did more it the past 2 games than Parker did in first three and Mendy is just going to get better with time.

I suggest that you face the facts that it's looking to be time for you to bid farewell to all your Parker jeresy's(and your girls pink one too) and except the fact that Parker will not be the player he once was for this team.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    To me it's the way he is running and not just the yards Tee. Parker just didn't look to have it this year. Was slow making decisions, was slow hitting the hole and was even slow taking it to the outside. Mendenhall really looks to be hitting things hard which includes hitting the D in the mouth.
    You have to see SF, they are both putting on a good preformance. Mendenhall calls his the north/south dash and Parker preforms the East/West side step jig (aka Texas 2 step)
    Last edited by Captcoolhand; 10-12-2009 at 12:50 AM.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

I am a huge Willie Parker fan and, as much as it pains me to say this, Mendenhall should be the starter with Willie coming in as a change-of-pace back. The way Mendenhall runs the ball is exactly what this team needs and it is something Willie hasn't done the last two years. He is reading his blocks and hitting the holes with explosiveness and authority. He is breaking tackles and running away with his speed. This is what he was doing at Illinois and why we drafted him in the first. Rashard Mendehall is leading the lead in yards after contact with over 3 yards...he needs to be the starter and I hope te coaching staff sees that too.

Ps. He can put up some HUGE numbers on Cleveland's very subpar rush D.
    Last edited by Big T; 10-12-2009 at 12:51 AM.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I am still not sold on Mendy being the guy. When he can post big numbers againsts teams like the Ravens or Vikings, then I'm in. But he's played against the Chargers and the Lions. Willie owns the Chargers, so its no shocker Mendy burnt them too. And come on people, it was the Lions. In 15 carrries he should of had 200 yards. Lets just see if the guy can play 5 weeks without getting hurt or he can hold a good average....
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

I like how Mendenhall turns his body sideways going through the holes. He is able to make himself skinny when he has to, but yet still lower his pads and bash into would be tacklers. He does exactly the same thing Bettis used to do. I am not comparing him to Bettis though, don't hold me to that. Parker just doesn't hit the holes well, and I really think he has lost a step.
    I think Parker has changed from being that hard working undrafted free agent with a chip on his shoulder to being a wanna be superstar that is in denial of his depleting talent. I hope he proves me wrong, THIS year, not next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    I am still not sold on Mendy being the guy. When he can post big numbers againsts teams like the Ravens or Vikings, then I'm in. But he's played against the Chargers and the Lions. Willie owns the Chargers, so its no shocker Mendy burnt them too. And come on people, it was the Lions. In 15 carrries he should of had 200 yards. Lets just see if the guy can play 5 weeks without getting hurt or he can hold a good average....
    Nobody can normally post huge numbers on these guys. But don't be suprised to see him do it!

He breaks tackles and runs people over.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    Dude, how long are you going to ride Parkers' jock to you realize the guy's a bum and will continue to waste air and breathe playing on this team.
    You compare what Mendenhall has done these past to weeks to what you call Below Steller D's but what the hell did Parker do the first three games he played? You saying they were better, same or what? Mendy did more it the past 2 games than Parker did in first three and Mendy is just going to get better with time.

I suggest that you face the facts that it's looking to be time for you to bid farewell to all your Parker jeresy's(and your girls pink one too) and except the fact that Parker will not be the player he once was for this team.
    Are you letting HoS write your post's? I'll give your opinion consideration when you learn the english language.

It didn't matter who played the last two games (unless is was Issac Redman) we were going to have decent running games. Would Willie have a +3 yards a yards after contact? Nope. Medny is running hard right now. However, just like everyone does after any Willie 100 yard game, I'll do it here, let him do it against a good D. The Chargers were missing a very good NT, and well the Lions are...the Lions.

I hope playing these bad teams gives Mendy some confidence, b/c he was missing that. But I'm not going to trade my Parker Jersey in for a Medny one until he has a good game against a top 15 D (and my wife doesnt have a pink jersey, she thinks girls who wear pink jerseys are stupid bitches).

The biggest reason I'll still cling to Willie's jock is that I was pretty much the only one here who thought Faneca was worth what he wanted. Look at what has happened to the line since Faneca left. We gave Max Starks how much?

Anyways, I was agreeing with the first post of the thread. Mendy has to be the starter, he is getting paid to be the starter, and was drafted to be the starter. He has been running harder than Parker this year. Like I said though, Parker probably woulda dropped 100+ againt the Chargers too, just not 165 or whatever Mendy had.
    Last edited by TEEMONT; 10-12-2009 at 09:29 AM.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Agreed, but Parker has not been able to rack up yardage on good D's either. We need to go with the future here and let Mendy learn how.
    And this pains me because I am a huge Parker fan but it is what it is...

Thread Information