Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the real Steeler defense please step forward?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Will the real Steeler defense please step forward?

Because right now I'm not what the real defense is....

Is it the one that sacked Rivers with 34 seconds to go to ice the win or is the one that just let them drive down the field before that.

Is it the one that sacked Rivers in the 4th quarter with about 6 minutes to go or is the one that just let them drive down the field for another TD after that.

Is it the one that dominated the first half or the one that totally went to sleep in the 4th quarter again.

Honestly, can somebody tell me who these guys are this year that we can't finish off teams in the 4th quarter?

It's absolutely disgusting on defense. The first 3 quarters reminded me of the MNF demolition of the Ravens in 07 when the Steelers had to make a statement. Then Limp Dick Lebeau craps the bed once again in the 4th quarter. This is dating back even before Polamalu. He did it against the Chargers in the divisional game, he did it in the Super Bowl, he did it against the Bears, last week against the Bengals, and then again today. This needs to get fixed immediately.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    hes hurt and on the sidelines
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I'm hoping a 100 percent healthy Troy P. will fix the defense......Really disturbing that Woodley has disappeared this year...But he did put weight on in the off-season so maybe the the added weight has caused his play to slip this year....I don't know for sure but its a thought.....

Rookie Free Agent steelersforever1983's Avatar
    lets hope troy is the puzzle piece that fixes the defense.

Woodley isn't getting enough pressure, Ratliff is a bum, and I don't even know what to say about the rest of the secondary aside from Ike (who played a fantastic couple of games covering Ocho and Jackson).

Obviously not having Troy causes LeBeau to call things differently when we have a lead. Against the Bengals it was prevent only rushing 4 guys. That's ludicrous against Palmer! Then against the Chargers they tried some stupid corner blitz and dropped Harrison into coverage against Gates! Are you kidding me?! That penalty against Harrison on Gates was just horrible! Then Mundy screwing up the onsides kick... Just a few plays that really made this more of a game than it should have been. Please tell me Troy will be back soon?

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    Woodley isn't getting enough pressure, Ratliff is a bum, and I don't even know what to say about the rest of the secondary aside from Ike (who played a fantastic couple of games covering Ocho and Jackson).
    I don't care how good your secondary is but when you don't get consistent pressure on the QB it will expose your secondary........The Steelers have struggled with getting consistent pressure....But the truth is the only special player in the Steelers secondary is Troy P. and with him out of the lineup its a huge blow especially when he is playing on top of his game...Ike Taylor is a very good corner and has done a fantastic job......William Gay is a skilled young player but I think is nothing more then a solid number 2 and probably better suited as a nickel guy.......Ryan Clark is a solid free safety and is a great hitter......Really the secondary just needs Troy P. back and I think they will be fine....

I'm not saying the defense played extremely well by any means, but one of the TD's was on the special teams (Stefan Logan fumble and returned TD) and San Diego was set up nicely by Mundy's inability to recover the onside kick another time. Take out those two players and the game is still a blow out.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersforever1983 View Post
    lets hope troy is the puzzle piece that fixes the defense.
    He is.............and when he comes back teams won't be so quick to try an go down field as much as they have these last 3 weeks

Thread Information