Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why should Willie be the starter????

Bookmark and Share
    the FO should do what ever they can to get a good draft pick for Willie.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    the FO should do what ever they can to get a good draft pick for Willie.
    There not going to get anything for a 29 year old declining RB who is a free agent after the season, it would be better to just keep him.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The truth is Willie has been hurt for the last 2-3 years, Tomlin said when he was hired that he would run Willie untill his wheels fell off and that's exactly what has happen, I think Mendy an Moore would be a great 1-2 punch, but if Willie is healed he should split the carries with Mendy, but Mendy should start........

mendenhall will make parker be on the injury list a little longer than usual, then when hes fully healed, willie will find himself on the bench alot more than usual.

it was only one game, and i expect some down games, vikings, ravens....well maybe not the ravens since he will be out for blood....anyway, the one game was a big one for him, expect more...not a one game wonder, that was just the breakout game.

Tailgate Coordinator
    I say keep Menenhall and Moore in there, I don't think turf toe heels in a week. Plus, I want to see what Menenhall can do against a Denver, or Minnesota or Baltimore defense.

I'm A "Champion"

Mendy was chewing up some yards last year against the Ravens B4 he went down. Not like he did this last game, but I was impressed last year....

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Tomlin would be a FOOL to go back to Parker as the starter now that Mendy got a chance to play to a national audience and absolutely nailed it.

Mendenhall was drafted in the 1st to be our future .... and our future is NOW. Did you see his burst? .... Did you see his blocking? .... Did you see his hands? .... Did you see his vision? .... Did you see his ability to push people backwards? ... Did you see his ability to break tackles and get into the 2nd level?

People ....

Nothing against Parker because he gave the Steelers his heart and his loyalty over the past few years, but let the truth be told .... Willie Parker isn't even in the same league as Rashard Mendenhall in terms of natural skill and ability. The guy is capable of doing it all.

Willie is better suited to be a complementary back to Mendenhall. Fresh legs when Mendy needs a breather.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

give mendy the ball!

i think there is a place for both mendy and fwp in the offense. neither have proven themselves to be especially durable. from what they have shown so far this season mendy is the man and i say ride that horse, let fwp fully recover and let him earn his playing time.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has just left the building!

What a wonderful problem to have,It's a long season,and runners sustain a lot of punishment. We can use all the healthy RB's we can suit up.I like platooning FWP and Mendy to keep bodies fresh.Bring Moore in on 3rd down.

Quote Originally Posted by scott0326 View Post
    There not going to get anything for a 29 year old declining RB who is a free agent after the season, it would be better to just keep him.
    well. did you see today... braylon edwards was traded for 2 players and 2 draft picks to the jets from the browns...

browns need a running back????

--- Added 10/7/2009 at 02:29 PM ---

look at this one today... we could have got some draft picks from the raiders for parker.

Raiders Sign RB Gary Russell
    With Darren McFadden expected to miss two-to-four weeks, and Louis Rankin currently on the Seattle Seahawks practice squad, the Oakland Raiders have signed free agent running back Gary Russell, David White of the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

Russell has appeared in 15 games for the Pittsburgh Steelers over the last two seasons, gaining 98 yards on 35 attempts and 3 touchdowns. He also averaged 23.2 yards per kick return last season, a role he could reprise during what will be his second stint with the Raiders.

Russell was with the Raiders during training camp, leading the team with 155 yards and 3 touchdowns rushing during the preseason.

Thread Information