Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Re-Sign Defensive End Nick Eason; Release Running Back Isaac Redman

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fight

Steelers Re-Sign Defensive End Nick Eason; Release Running Back Isaac Redman

http://steelers.com/article/111511/

Monday, October 5, 2009

Steelers Re-Sign Defensive End Nick Eason; Release Running Back Isaac Redman

PITTSBURGH Ė The Steelers re-signed defensive end Nick Eason to their active roster today, the team announced.

Eason was released on Saturday prior to the Steelersí Week 4 matchup against the San Diego Chargers. He was originally signed by the Steelers as a veteran free agent in 2007, but had been inactive for the teamís first three games this season.

The Steelers made room for Redman on their 53-man roster by releasing rookie running back Isaac Redman. Redman was signed to the teamís active roster over this past weekend but did not see action against the San Diego Chargers yesterday. He spent the first three games of the 2009 season on the teamís practice squad after signing with the team last April as an undrafted rookie out of Bowie State.

I would assume FO and Tomlin seen enough.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

My Mood
    Impatient
    After Mendy's performance, they decided they didnt need him.

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    I dont have a problem with this move at all. I know some people are going to start bitching and moaning about this move but it's time to move on from the great preseason that Redman had and forget about it and let Willie,Mendy,and Moore do their thing. The running game has not been the problem the last 3 weeks and is not the reason the Steelers lost those games in Chicago and Cincy. The Steelers will be fine without Issac Redman. Let's have a little bit of faith in this coaching staff and front office seeing that most of the guys there have won and are responsible for 2 of the last 4 Super Bowl wins...

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    This is not a surprising move at all:

1) Mendenhall instilled some trust with the coaching

2) With Carolina locking up Sonny Harris to their PS, Eason was the obvious choice and somone who can immediately step in on a moments notice
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    I read Sonny Harris turned us down to sign with Car.

Is the Redman talk going to end now?
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post

The Steelers dont need Issac Redman period...They are stable at running back with Parker,Mendy,and Moore. Mendenhall can carry the load if Willie is out which he finally got a chance to prove last night. Having Issac Redman on the roster is irrelevant at this point and serves no purpose...

Not that Eason helps at all, but if Willie Parker is at least somewhat healthy, we don't need Redman, which is probably the case.

Gold Standard
    One thing that was missing from the original post in this thread is that the Steelers have every intention of re-signing Isaac Redman to their practice squad. They must release him to waivers first. How could he have gone from a practice squad promotion to expendible without even getting a chance to play? He will be signed to the practice squad and will get another chance down the road. I don't see why there is all this hate for an undrafted free agent. Yes, some people have unrealistic expectations of this guy but he has done nothing but impress coaches with the opportunities he has been given. Don't hate a guy for others high expectations of him. He didn't ask for that nor does he deserve the scorn of those who wish to see him fail simply to prove their point.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post

I read the same thing. Something about Harris feeling like he had a better shot at playing time with Carolina.

As far as Redman, I have no problem with this move. I think Mendy made a statement last night and I'd like to see him continue to improve each week. My feelings on Isaac have not changed and neither has my stance on hoping to see him get his shot eventually.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

hmmm, didnt see this coming

lol

Thread Information