Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does this put the Steelers back on track now?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Does this put the Steelers back on track now?

Well, we nearly blew it again. We had a 28-0 lead going into the 4th quarter and right before our eyes we suddenly find ourselves in a 35-28 dogfight with a couple minutes to go. Ben and the offense did their job, they scored points, the ran the ball, controlled the clock, converted big 3rd downs, so you would think that maybe this is what we needed to turn the tide even early on in this season.

Who's to say for sure though, there were still many things that throw up red flags so let's just see what happens in the next couple weeks with Cleveland & Detroit before we start yapping about how we're back and all this.

Atleast for now, the sour taste of losing is gone and that's a good feeling....

Rookie Free Agent steelersforever1983's Avatar
    offense looked great. the d just can't seem to get that the game needs to be played in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Well, we nearly blew it again. We had a 28-0 lead going into the 4th quarter and right before our eyes we suddenly find ourselves in a 35-28 dogfight with a couple minutes to go. Ben and the offense did their job, they scored points, the ran the ball, controlled the clock, converted big 3rd downs, so you would think that maybe this is what we needed to turn the tide even early on in this season.

Who's to say for sure though, there were still many things that throw up red flags so let's just see what happens in the next couple weeks with Cleveland & Detroit before we start yapping about how we're back and all this.

Atleast for now, the sour taste of losing is gone and that's a good feeling....
    No, it doesn't. We need a healthy Polamalu and need a win in the divisional games against the Ravens but at least we won't see JoeFlaccoSaysHi prancing around here for at least another week.
    Last edited by DanRooney; 10-05-2009 at 12:24 AM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    the Steelers have the Lions and Browns the next two games so the winning should continue but this is the NFL so you never know....lol

Frustrating the team could easily be 4-0 right now but hey I'm not to disappointed or mad....Can't complain to much coming off a Super Bow title.....lol This team is still very talented on the offensive and defensive side of the ball....You would think the defense will fix itself....just going through a rough period right now...Better now then later in the season.....

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Does this put the Steelers back on track now?
    From the end of the 1st half. Yes. From the end of the game, offensively we're doing a lot better! Defensively, ?

Gold Standard

Yes, it does.

With the Lions and the Stains in the next two games it is almost like having a couple bye weeks. I can only hope that when Troy comes back he will bring our Steel Curtain Defense with him. These late game collapses on defense are frightening. I don't have the confidense in our defense to stop anybody in the 4th quarter. Basically unless we build a large lead its a crap shoot!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Rookie Free Agent steelersforever1983's Avatar
    never look past losing teams. they are known as trap games. so don't say things like a bye week playing teams in the nfl.

My Mood
    Addicted
    YES it does but we have to play like this on Offense week in an week out, an right No gravity he was just an **** starter!!

I am extremely confident that our D will return to form and that we will get much more pressure and many more turnovers when Troy gets back. He just opens things up for other players and makes the plays that no one else can. He is special and you cant just replace a guy like that without losing a step.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    This team has a lot to fix on Def. The Off looks great. Never in all my years do I remember a Steeler team that had a better Off then Def. This is new to me. Tomlin really needs to sit down with Dick and figure this out. Glad I'm not a coach in the NFL.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Thread Information