Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SA now has a new Homepage!!!

Exclamation SA now has a new Homepage!!!

As some of you may know I was brought onto the SA Staff a couple months ago and it was announced that I would be working on new homepage for SA... well I am pleased to announce that version 1.0 is complete and is now up and running!!!

Here are some of the features on the new homepage:
    • Every possible Steelers related news feed you can think of... all on one page No more going to this site then to this other site... it's all right here on SA now! Click the "News" option on the menu. Some of the Steelers sights don't have a feed we can tap into so they are included in the "News" menu option.
    • Steelers Info, such as:
      • Steelers History, which we will write ourselves at some point in time.
      • All the Steelers in the Hall of Fame
      • Current Roster
      • Depth Chart
      • 2006 Stats
    • The list goes on...

There is so much more but I will let you all play around and discover things for yourselves! We have been testing this for a couple weeks now, but there are probably some things we missed. If you find something that doesn't work, broken links, typo's or anything please let us know and we will get it taken care of ASAP!

If there are things that you would like to see added in the next release let us know and we will add it to the list because the next version is already underway. Eventually you will be able to login from the homepage, see who's on-line, who's been here, etc...

We hope you enjoy it, now go check it out!!!!

www.SteelerAddicts.com

My Mood
    Addicted
    Awesome work AZ! Thanks for all the time you took in making it for all of us to enjoy! I'd also like to thank BR-7 once again for doing some of the images for us when needed! He does some great work!
    And like AZ has stated, if there is anything you would like to see added, changed or you just have an opinion on the layout please let us know. All the staff here at SA are doing our best to make this the best Steelers site on the web and we can't do that without input from you!

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Looks good. Only thing I don't like is the drop down box for the Live Sports Scores. It defaults on NFL, but the drop down box says Auto Racing. I think the default should say... "Choose Sport" or something like that so people know there is more than the NFL there.

Maybe some ESPN.com links to the Steelers Clubhouse?

The yellow plate looks sweet.

A HUGE Thanks to BR-7!!!! I might be able to pull some things off with mspaint but nothing that compares to his work!!! Thanks again BR-7!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BR-7 View Post
    Looks good. Only thing I don't like is the drop down box for the Live Sports Scores. It defaults on NFL, but the drop down box says Auto Racing. I think the default should say... "Choose Sport" or something like that so people know there is more than the NFL there.

Maybe some ESPN.com links to the Steelers Clubhouse?

The yellow plate looks sweet.
    It should default to the NFL and you can use the drop down to view other scores. Are you not getting anything but auto?

I get them all, AZ fixed it now, what it did was dispaly the NFL scores, but the drop down said Auto Racing. I guess it defaulted to alphabetical order on what was listed first in the drop down, so I suggested like a 'dead link' that just said 'choose your sport.'

Looked weird to have it show the Auto text, but display the NFL scores.

That stuff is taken care of SF, the option in the drop down box was defaulted to AUTO RACING plus he was suggesting to have it say "Choose Sport" to let others know you can check scores for any sport you wanted.

My Mood
    Addicted
    OK, I see what you were saying BR-7. It did show auto while showing the NFL scores. Looks much better now.

I love the buttons you did. I'll have to have you hook me up when/if I redo my site

Also, if you want, I can see if maximumgrilledsteelers.com wants to exchange affiliate links with SA (I did alot of graphics for them as well.. forum buttons, bg, and the flash banner).

Oh yeah.. why does the home page banner have colored 'hypos' and the forum banner doesnt?

Thread Information