Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Limas officially out as 4th WR... Mcdonald IN

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeFlaccoSaysHi View Post
    My only thoughts there are...he's not seeing the ball clearly and thus not grabbing the ball at the right time. Again I could be wrong...I'm just not ruling out eye issues because they've been mis-diagnosed and poorly treated for a number of athletes in the past. I'd bet Limas probably suffers from migrane headaches as well.
    i mean... it's possible. bottom line is, if sweed has a true physical condition, which i don't believe is causing his dropsies, then he shouldn't be allowed to play... period. I'm sure the coaches have had an optometrist/opthamologist give him an examination. if something physical was causing his issues, he wouldn't be playing... especially a position that calls for phenomenal hand-eye coordination.

again, IMO, it's not his eyes. it's what's between his ears. anybody putting the blame on his eyes, including coaches, fans, or seed himself, are kidding themselves.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Quote Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
    i mean... it's possible. bottom line is, if sweed has a true physical condition, which i don't believe is causing his dropsies, then he shouldn't be allowed to play... period. I'm sure the coaches have had an optometrist/opthamologist give him an examination. if something physical was causing his issues, he wouldn't be playing... especially a position that calls for phenomenal hand-eye coordination.

again, IMO, it's not his eyes. it's what's between his ears. anybody putting the blame on his eyes, including coaches, fans, or seed himself, are kidding themselves.
    We'll see. Maybe it's just nerves...plenty of great WR's had problems with the drops early in their careers. I seem to remember Torry Holt dropping his share of passes in 1999.

Rookie Free Agent Richmond Rukus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    FlaccoSaysHi, were you here when we beat you 3 times last season? If not, you shouldn't be here now.
    From reading through the thread it seems he is adding to the topic with no personal jabs. So whats the problem.

Flacco is pretty tame most of the time... Some of his posts are a little out in left field though.

Although he's posted 244 times in the last 3-4 days... People are understandably getting sick of looking at "JoeFlaccoSaysHi" and that picture with those ugly purple uniforms the Rats wear.

Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    Flacco is pretty tame most of the time... Some of his posts are a little out in left field though.

Although he's posted 244 times in the last 3-4 days... People are understandably getting sick of looking at "JoeFlaccoSaysHi" and that picture with those ugly purple uniforms the Rats wear.
    What can I say...I'm prolific...I'm also waiting for the QA's to finish testing a something I've been working on for the past few months. Twiddling my thumbs till it's finished. Already defraged the hard drive, cleaned my office, done some Christmas shopping, and reviewed my credit score...

Starter
    which of the following is more likely to explain why someone drops passes?

A) they have a very unique vision problem that does not seem to impact any other WR's to a meaningful extent
    B) they have bad hands

--- Added 10/2/2009 at 04:41 PM ---

if you guessed B you are correct

Starter
    Yeah I heard about how he appeared to be looking at something else instead of the ball. My only thoughts were, was that something else remotely in the line of sight as the ball...if the guy has an astigmatism in both eyes he may have issues with focusing...especially of moving objects that left the hand of one of the stronger armed QB's in the game. Then again some guys just can't catch...could be a coordination thing.
    I think I need lasik, are my eyes decieving me? A Baltimore fan thats actually here to talk football and isn't a troll? Awesome. Anyways, back on subject, Sweed has caught some balls that had a lot more pep on them than that touchdown pass which leads me to think that he just gets overexcited when he has a chance to make a big play and blows it. I hope that he can concentrate and get back into the game and apply the talent that he undeniably has. I still have faith in the guy but maybe we should stop throwing to him in the endzone lol

--- Added 10/2/2009 at 05:47 PM ---

What can I say...I'm prolific...I'm also waiting for the QA's to finish testing a something I've been working on for the past few months. Twiddling my thumbs till it's finished. Already defraged the hard drive, cleaned my office, done some Christmas shopping, and reviewed my credit score...
    I wouldn't worry about those guys dude. you seem to be pretty cool for a Ravens fan, post away!

Thread Information