Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Limas officially out as 4th WR... Mcdonald IN

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Give Limas some more time...he has been disappointing but I really do believe he can get his **** together. Saying that his time in Pittsburgh is over is just stupid.
    Im not saying it's over but how many more passes and big TD's does Sweed have to keep dropping before Tomlin and the staff says enough is enough. Tomlin's patience is growing very thin with Sweed is all Im saying. You cant keep dropping balls in big situations like Sweed has done time and time again since he has been in a Steelers uniform. They are giving him chances and he is failing and failing miserably each and everytime they do...Eventually if the samething keeps happening his chances and luck are going to run out...

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Sad that you had to see him getting benched. Being that he was picked in the 2nd round, you would have thought he would have at least caught on alot faster and have better hands being, This is **** that you would expect from a 5-7 rounder.........
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    Sad that you had to see him getting benched. Being that he was picked in the 2nd round, you would have thought he would have at least caught on alot faster and have better hands being, This is **** that you would expect from a 5-7 rounder.........
    I really dont believe Tomlin cares if Sweed is a 2nd round pick or a 7th round pick. Im sure if you ask Tomlin that he would say I could care less. Sweed just better start catching the ball when it's thrown to him or he isnt going to see the field at least in a Steelers uniform ever again...

I'm just saying...Sweed is struggling, fine, put in Shaun McDonald. I think Sweed just needs more time to develop and learn from some veteran players. I would be fine with siting sweed, even if it's all year. I just don't want the steelers to do something stupid like getting rid of him prematurely. I do believe that with time he will get better.

not a fan of deactivating him, if obviously in his head....doing that will never make him better

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    not a fan of deactivating him, if obviously in his head....doing that will never make him better
    Well then start catching the damn ball Train and he wont have to worry about being deactivated. Sweed has made his own bed with his drops,and the fact that Mike Wallace with his superb play thus far has made Limas Sweed look like a complete and total stiff isnt helping him either...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I want him to get reps to and improve....But since the Steelers are in a 1-2 hole there is really no room for error to see if Sweed can work it out.......So for right now I want to see McDonald as the number 4 WR and let Sweed earn his spot back......If the Steelers were 3-0 then I would be all letting Limas Sweed continue to develop despite him dropping TD's........

Settle down, he'll be off the field for 1 week max. I'm betteing he'll be putting in some overtime with a QB this week and next.

His drops **** everyone off, but the kid has too much talent to cut or keep off the field for long....
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent steelersforever1983's Avatar
    i think it was the best decision right now. The guy drops passes that are thrown to him. plus i think tomlin wanted to say a message to his players if you don't improve you'll not be a steeler next year to light the fire in them.

That drop on the Sunday might have been his last.

Its a shame though, Sweed can get WIDE open...just cant catch the damn ball!

Thread Information