Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Steelers are 1-2 but still have a lot of very winnable games left on the schedule

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    Since you are new to the board,here's a little insider info, Troyisabeast43 is always very analytical about the schedule. He has almost always been right on the button with his assessments also.
    You can help your credibility by 1) being on here for more than week. 2) trying to resist taking verbal shots at posters on here.
    I know you have been subjected to some abuse but the main reason for this is posters like "tim Lumber" who came on here to do nothing but cause trouble.
    So far the book hasn't been written on ya but you do make good points,and you have taken some unnecessary shots at others. After all this is "our" house and we will defend it and each other.
    I keep this in mind. I'm just not used to such cold welcomes. We're pretty open to fans of other teams at SunSpot. Oh well.

The cold welcome can be attributed to the colors your flying!!lol There is a bit of a history between our 2 teams...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

The cold welcome can be attributed to the colors your flying!!lol There is a bit of a history between our 2 teams...
    I wouldn't have it any other way I guess. It would suck to be the fan of a team that had no real rival. IMHO the Steelers - Ravens rivalry ranks right up there with Skins - Cowboys and Bears - Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFlaccoSaysHi View Post
    I wouldn't have it any other way I guess. It would suck to be the fan of a team that had no real rival. IMHO the Steelers - Ravens rivalry ranks right up there with Skins - Cowboys and Bears - Packers.
    yea and honestly (even thought i may be a bit biased) i think the steelers/ravens rivalry is the best. think about it, the ravens havent been around for that long so you gotta give them credit, and already they (the steelers and ravens) have created some of the best games to watch. And most memorable. These two teams are so similar (strong D and high potential offense) that these games sell-out and people talk about them forever.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCentral View Post
    yea and honestly (even thought i may be a bit biased) i think the steelers/ravens rivalry is the best. think about it, the ravens havent been around for that long so you gotta give them credit, and already they (the steelers and ravens) have created some of the best games to watch. And most memorable. These two teams are so similar (strong D and high potential offense) that these games sell-out and people talk about them forever.
    It just the STEELERS vs brownies V2.0, one reason it got so good so quick !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCentral View Post
    We can definitely agree on this!

the poor browns... have they figured out who theyre qb is yet???

but yea, i just gotta say that my highlight of the (regular) season is the steelers/ ravens matchups. im always about 10 seconds away from having a heart attack

It just the STEELERS vs brownies V2.0, one reason it got so good so quick !!
    I hate to admit it...but that's 100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFlaccoSaysHi View Post
    The Ravens have been in existence for a little over a decade... and you're comparing it to the longest rivalry in the history of the NFL......... I am speechless

Steelers vs. Ravens is a physical, and often brutal matchup, but it in absolutely no way compares to the storied rivalry of the Bears vs. Packers.

yea, historically speaking its not close, but in his defense.... cant believe im gonna say this... he never really said that it was as good/ better/ etc.

but modern day... i still think the steelers/ ravens is better. two incredibly strong teams. im not all that impressed with the packers/bears games recently
    .... could be attributed to my annoyance with cutler. but thats really got nothing to do with the rivalry.
    Last edited by SouthCentral; 09-29-2009 at 12:32 PM.

Thread Information