Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Week 4 - AFC North Matchups

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Draft Pick JoeFlaccoSaysHi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    475

    Week 4 - AFC North Matchups

    Looks like some tough games this week. I think we can all agree that Cincy will manhandle the terrible Browns...but look at the Pittsburgh and Baltimore opponents.

    I see the the Ravens having trouble with NE. Tough place to win a road game and I think Brady will pick apart our secondary. I'd definitely take the over in that game, but I see the Pats walking away with the win.

    The Steelers are also going to face a tough opponent. It's always tough for a team to travel to the opposite coast and win, but San Diego will likely put up some big passing numbers against the Steelers. Sproles will also likely be a nightmare for them. I see another high scoring game here as well, with the Chargers walking away with a win.

    After next week the AFC North Standings should look like this

    Cincinatti - 3-1
    Baltimore - 3-1
    Pittsburgh - 1-3
    Cleveland - 0-4

    Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,156
    I think thats about right, however i think its a tough week to call. Bengals will slaughter browns, that for certain... Ravens NE can go both ways, so can Chargers Steelers. Honestly, i do think Steelers have a better chance to beat Chargers than Ravens to beat Pats, but who knows.. We all know what kind of football Steelers can play, and we all know what football they are actually playing right now. If i were to call it, id say both Steelers and Ravens win, but i wouldnt but money on it..
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  3. #3
    Draft Pick JoeFlaccoSaysHi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I think thats about right, however i think its a tough week to call. Bengals will slaughter browns, that for certain... Ravens NE can go both ways, so can Chargers Steelers. Honestly, i do think Steelers have a better chance to beat Chargers than Ravens to beat Pats, but who knows.. We all know what kind of football Steelers can play, and we all know what football they are actually playing right now. If i were to call it, id say both Steelers and Ravens win, but i wouldnt but money on it..
    Those big receivers on the Chargers are very tough to cover. Gates poses matchup problems. They can easily stretch the field on you with their wideouts. They can go across the middle with Gates...or they can throw screens to sproles all day long if they want. There really isn't much any team can do except try to keep up and score a bunch of points. I see Moss having a massive game against the Ravens. Unless they jam him at the line all day long he's going to win every jump ball battle with our undersize DB's. Reed will be gassed by the end of the game trying to cover up for our CB's getting beat.

  4. #4
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    6,121
    We handled all of them fine, twice, last year. I think we can do it again even through our obvious defensive struggles.

  5. #5
    Draft Pick JoeFlaccoSaysHi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    We handled all of them fine, twice, last year. I think we can do it again even through our obvious defensive struggles.
    Well last year is a different season...and actually two different teams. I think you'll see what I'm saying this week. To say the Steelers will "handle" the Chargers passing attack this coming weekend is a bit foolhardy.

  6. #6
    Rookie Free Agent steelersforever1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    98
    why even comment to a ratbird fan who just wants to troll a steeler fans board and try to start **** ya your team is winning right but what happens when they start to loose you won't be talking ****.

  7. #7
    Draft Pick JoeFlaccoSaysHi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersforever1983 View Post
    why even comment to a ratbird fan who just wants to troll a steeler fans board and try to start **** ya your team is winning right but what happens when they start to loose you won't be talking ****.
    I think you've missed the point here. Not surprising.

  8. #8
    Rookie Free Agent steelersforever1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    98
    still a troll on the board. if i was the admin i would so ban your ***.

  9. #9
    Top 30 Troyisabeast_43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,646
    My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersforever1983 View Post
    still a troll on the board. if i was the admin i would so ban your ***.
    Like I said I wanna see if this clown is still here in another few weeks or a month when the Ravens have a slip up or two. The schedule the next 3 weeks favors the Steelers to win the next 3 and the Ravens to lose 2 of the next 3. The Steelers will be favored in the SD,Detroit,and Browns games, while the Ravens will be underdogs and picked to lose in New England and at Minnesota. Always go where the money is...So if my math is right the week of October 19th the Steelers and the Ravens if all goes like it should will be tied a top of the division at 4-2...

  10. #10
    Draft Pick JoeFlaccoSaysHi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersforever1983 View Post
    still a troll on the board. if i was the admin i would so ban your ***.
    Does the "so" add extra emphasis to your point? Interesting language you speak.

    --- Added 9/28/2009 at 03:53 PM ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Like I said I wanna see if this clown is still here in another few weeks or a month when the Ravens have a slip up or two. The schedule the next 3 weeks favors the Steelers to win the next 3 and the Ravens to lose 2 of the next 3. The Steelers will be favored in the SD,Detroit,and Browns games, while the Ravens will be underdogs and picked to lose in New England and at Minnesota. Always go where the money is...So if my math is right the week of October 19th the Steelers and the Ravens if all goes like it should will be tied a top of the division at 4-2...
    Yeah we all remember when you defended your point with events that haven't and may never transpire. It was humorous, no need to further spotlight your embarrassment.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. AFC Super Bowl chances...
    By BlacknGold Bleeder in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 08:05 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 10:25 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 10:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •